You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

did I miss out some value

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
No good reads but felt that his raise showed some strength. He folded on my re-raise but I was worried about  connecting cards with this flop. By the way I usually just call low pairs as I feel folding to a re-raise if 3 betting is wasting chips. What are the forum's thoughts.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
stevemug2 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £4.26
thethirdpo Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £5.53
  Your hole cards

MICKAA Fold        
gracie24 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £3.92
moleybb Call   £0.04 £0.14 £5.87
Stefanos64 Fold        
stevemug2 Raise   £0.14 £0.28 £4.12
thethirdpo Fold        
gracie24 Call   £0.12 £0.40 £3.80
moleybb Call   £0.12 £0.52 £5.75
Flop

stevemug2 Bet   £0.39 £0.91 £3.73
gracie24 Raise   £1.69 £2.60 £2.11
moleybb Fold        
stevemug2 Fold        
gracie24 Muck        
gracie24 Win   £1.20   £3.31
gracie24 Return   £1.30 £0.10 £4.61

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Even tho nl 4 dont limp, ton worse hands pay flop, we are 3 handed.

Deny ourselves so much value over volume flatting flop here.  Looks fine for most part, prob raise less tho to let him ship over/peel.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: did I miss out some value:
    Even tho nl 4 dont limp, ton worse hands pay flop, we are 3 handed. Deny ourselves so much value over volume flatting flop here.  Looks fine for most part.
    Posted by AMYBR
    thx u know what yr about - but I still fear the nutters-lol
  • edited March 2012
    At NL4 where people are so passive, I don't think limping small pairs is awful, but I still think putting in a raise is better - Even if it is only to 12p so you can build the pot, allowing you to get more value for your set when you do hit.

Yes, you're throwing away 8p every time you miss, but if you win back all of them 8p's because you've raised pre-flop and therefore, your value bets on the flop, turn and river are bigger, then the right thing to do is raise :)

On the flop - I don't mind raising, my raise size would be smaller than this, as your raise says "I'm never folding". I'd make it just under £1, give him the opportunity to jam on us (we're snap calling ofc) or call and hopefully stack him on the turn and river.
  • edited March 2012
    I like a 3/4x raise pre to build for when you hit, however if you have notes that certain players are gonna raise behind a lot then limping is fine as if they 3bet pre it gets ugly.

Raising flop is fine but even at NL4 a little less would be better, one english pound for me. 
  • edited March 2012
    thx for all yr comments