You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

mehhhh

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceKeysasoze6Small blind £0.15£0.15£64.01wobblylegsBig blind £0.30£0.45£22.59 Your hole cardsAJ   AcedemonFold    bolly580Raise £0.90£1.35£27.75VINEY73Fold    Keysasoze6Call £0.75£2.10£63.26wobblylegsCall £0.60£2.70£21.99Flop  27A   Keysasoze6Bet £2.03£4.73£61.23wobblylegsFold    bolly580Call £2.03£6.76£25.72Turn  J   Keysasoze6Check    bolly580Bet £4.80£11.56£20.92Keysasoze6Call £4.80£16.36£56.43River  7   Keysasoze6Bet £13.13£29.49£43.30bolly580Call £13.13£42.62£7.79Keysasoze6Show710   bolly580MuckAJ   Keysasoze6WinThree 7s£40.82 £84.12

Comments

• edited March 2012
    put opo on flush drawm , considering line he took seems fair. always calling?
  • edited March 2012
    tbh I think you should have folded pre, but postflop it's deffo a check on flop + turn, then ship the river for maximum +evness
  • edited March 2012
    yes snap calling river!
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: mehhhh:
    tbh I think you should have folded pre, but postflop it's deffo a check on flop + turn, then ship the river for maximum +evness
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    how can AJ be a fold in the CO 5 handed?!

to the OP I think you played it fine
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    Well aj is a very marginal hand and will often get us in trouble like so here, i dont mind a fold in c/o, would of saved yaself 20 british pounds or so here if get this leak out of ur game of opening marginal hands
  • edited March 2012
    TBH folding folding AJ in the cut off seat would be way too nitty and i think you played the hand well just unlucky the guy hit a miracle river.
  • edited March 2012
    deffo fold in the cut off we should only be raising JJ+ here. That range tightens even further when we is on the button as we will have to see the flop out of position and we dont want that now do we!

As the hand was played we should make a min raise on the flop as we want to get max value and we dont want to make it obvious we have a hand. The min raise also protects our hand from flushies as it gives him a bad price to call. Then on the turn (after pumping our fist, telling your mam and dad and ringing you mate to tell him you have hit TWO PAIR) we should bet about 1/10 of the pot to set us up for a shove on the river. When he bets the river you should just go all in and if he has a 7, withdraw all your money, post the hand on area 51 with a title of 'ahhh moron hits mircale' and never play again.
  • edited March 2012
    Sit out if you're going to fold pre.  I assume people are levelling when they say this.

You can raise flop given results though calling/raising are both fine, bet turn slightly bigger imo as you'd expect if he was leading a strong made hand on the flop to do it again on the turn. River is very thin to raise so just calling and making a note is fine.
  • edited March 2012
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    what on earth are you talking about?

trying to post backwards?

fold pre but shove river? saywut
  • edited March 2012
    deffo fold in the cut off we should only be raising JJ+ here. That range tightens even further when we is on the button as we will have to see the flop out of position and we dont want that now do we! As the hand was played we should make a min raise on the flop as we want to get max value and we dont want to make it obvious we have a hand. The min raise also protects our hand from flushies as it gives him a bad price to call. Then on the turn (after pumping our fist, telling your mam and dad and ringing you mate to tell him you have hit TWO PAIR) we should bet about 1/10 of the pot to set us up for a shove on the river. When he bets the river you should just go all in and if he has a 7, withdraw all your money, post the hand on area 51 with a title of 'ahhh moron hits mircale' and never play again.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    Given how you actually play cards I cannot be 100% sure you are joking here...
  • edited March 2012
    can't believe regular players are saying fold AJ pre.

• edited March 2012
    can't believe regular players are saying fold AJ pre.
    Posted by scotty77

I knew I was a bad player for occasionally stacking off with Kings ROFL
  • edited March 2012
    I think if the ace and the jack were both RED then it's more of a call init
  • edited March 2012
    That way we can more often make 5 REDS
  • edited March 2012
    I've got a feeling Poker Fail thinks the hero had 10/7 and has read the HH wrong.

That's the only logical explanation I can think of anyway.
  • edited March 2012
    Just shove pre :)
  • edited March 2012
    hand is fine, maybe raise donked flop but depends on reads

as for the river, not many will fold here so very hard hero fold

• edited March 2012
    aint ever folding pre here, as for jj+ how many hands are you playing curt??? do you find when you do play a hand everyone folds lol
  • edited March 2012
    Personally i think curt is being abit nitty with only playing jj+ from cutoff, i'd personally add 77+ and ak/aq to that, maybe its because im abit of a loose player and curts on the tighter side. Don't see what some of the 'regs' are moaning about, they'd end up 20bob down more than me in this hand with they're loose open and my correct fold.
  • edited March 2012
    Fold pre, as said just getting into trouble :)
  • edited March 2012
    1)  I assume anyone saying open fold an Ace and a Jack is levelling.  Nh, wp.

2)  I have a lot of history with the villain.  Assuming you have little and are treating him like a random your line is pretty much fine.  I agree with Beaneh about sizing on the turn, but only by 50p or so.  River easy call.  Back to the flop, I'm not sure how much I like raising v unknown.  Yes the flush draw is going to be out there a bit with that donk lead but I'm not raising to fold.  I'm not completely sure how much I like our chances versus an unknown 3bet range on the flop.

With history, well, I do things different.
  • edited March 2012
    I cannot believe how this thread keeps jumping to the top of the forum. I hadn't bothered commenting because it seemed so straightforward but all it takes to draw out half of the community is for someone to say "Fold AJ pre-flop"... sigh...
  • edited March 2012
    surely people saying fold pre - this is sarcism :S

don't think it's a level !

• edited March 2012
    if people think folding aj is fine i think im folding 9s 10s or even jacks lol its a cash table not a mtt 
  • edited March 2012
    After thinking about this hand for the last few hours, I've had a chnge of mind, I think there is value to be raising pre, however when you make it 3x you are only going to get called by better so you should just min-raise, if he 3bets you it's a great spot to turn your hand into a bluff and Shove as he will fold QQ and even KK (If he's not a fish) as you are repping AA really well.
  • edited March 2012
    After thinking about this hand for the last few hours, I've had a chnge of mind, I think there is value to be raising pre, however when you make it 3x you are only going to get called by better so you should just min-raise, if he 3bets you it's a great spot to turn your hand into a bluff and Shove as he will fold QQ and even KK (If he's not a fish) as you are repping AA really well.
    Posted by Poker_Fail[/QUO

We shouldn't min raise pre as this will get called by little fishies with bad hands cause they getting them gud odds. We shouldn't make it too much more though maybe 9 or 10x so we get them blinds added onto our stack. Not sure why you want to turn our hand into a bluff if we get 3 bet? We have AJ so we want to get it in pre against QQ or KK as we can smack that A and stack em!
  • edited March 2012
    Still a couple of days away gentlemen :)
  • ybyb
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: mehhhh :
    After thinking about this hand for the last few hours, I've had a chnge of mind, I think there is value to be raising pre, however when you make it 3x you are only going to get called by better so you should just min-raise, if he 3bets you it's a great spot to turn your hand into a bluff and Shove as he will fold QQ and even KK (If he's not a fish) as you are repping AA really well. Posted by Poker_Fail[/QUO We shouldn't min raise pre as this will get called by little fishies with bad hands cause they getting them gud odds. We shouldn't make it too much more though maybe 9 or 10x so we get them blinds added onto our stack. Not sure why you want to turn our hand into a bluff if we get 3 bet? We have AJ so we want to get it in pre against QQ or KK as we can smack that A and stack em!
    Posted by Curt360x27
    pls teach me to be as funny as you