You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- THIS WEEK'S WINNER: IDONKCALLU

Comments

• edited May 2012
    This challenge is back on: this Wednesday night May 23rd- starting at 7pm and running till midnight. (Or 12.05am to be precise to allow the results of the 11.05pm 60 minute timed tournament to be included.)

Simply read the opening post for details on how to win a seat into Thursday night's 8pm Bounty Hunter.

See you there!
  • edited May 2012
    This'll be tonight then (Wednesday 23rd May)

See you on the battlefield later!
  • edited May 2012
    i shall be there :)
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE: Back on tonight- Wednesday May 23rd 7pm-midnight. Win your Thurs main event seat here!:
    i shall be there :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Nice one mate.

Hope to see a good few there, in spite of the nice weather!
  • edited May 2012
    Right I'm ready and waiting for anothe challenge. I've signed up for the 7.05pm TT to start with.

Got a feeling it could be very, very quiet tonight because of the great weather outside.

That said, it would be an excellent week to post a result in a timed tournament, as it would haver a very good chance of picking up an 8pm Thurs main event seat.
  • edited May 2012
    c u in the 7.05 tt rich
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: LIVE TONIGHT 7PM- MIDNIGHT: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE. Win your Thurs main event seat here!:
    Right I'm ready and waiting for anothe challenge. I've signed up for the 7.05pm TT to start with. Got a feeling it could be very, very quiet tonight because of the great weather outside. That said, it would be an excellent week to post a result in a timed tournament, as it would haver a very good chance of picking up an 8pm Thurs main event seat.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Good luck Rich!
  • edited May 2012
    Out of the first one, was going along nicely until someone limp/called my shove with Q5 and binked -_- Sigh.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: LIVE TONIGHT 7PM- MIDNIGHT: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE. Win your Thurs main event seat here!:
    In Response to Re: LIVE TONIGHT 7PM- MIDNIGHT: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE. Win your Thurs main event seat here! : Good luck Rich!
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Ty! Ty!
  • edited May 2012
    Out of the first one, was going along nicely until someone limp/called my shove with Q5 and binked -_- Sigh.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Ul mate.

Didn't join my first game until the halfway point- admittedly not great tactics for a 30 minute timed tournament! Had to shove in the first available spot with 5-6 and it didn't happen.

My 2nd attempt will be a proper attempt- at 7.45pm.

• edited May 2012
    No joy for me in the 7.45pm, now moving on to the 8.20pm £5.50 TT

Good luck all!  No results posted so far this week.

Knew the weather would play a part this time!
  • edited May 2012
    First result of the night for me- it won't count towards the competition though as I can't enter it. But blimey charley, ANYONE who posts an ROI  right now gets a free seat into tomorrow night's Thursday night Bounty Hunter unless someone else posts a better score.

What are you waiting for?

I came 23rd/93 in the 8.20pm

RICHORFORD3250£8.12
    ROI= 48%
  • edited May 2012
    I wonder if I can post my ROI of -100% from the first timed tourney and it'll win if nobody else posts anything, hmm... lol
  • edited May 2012
    no great shakes but an ROI of 100.18%

scouse_red220014£11.01
  • edited May 2012
    I wonder if I can post my ROI of -100% from the first timed tourney and it'll win if nobody else posts anything, hmm... lol
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Lol- might have worked but we have a + score now!
  • edited May 2012
    no great shakes but an ROI of 100.18% scouse_red 2200 14 £11.01
    Posted by scouse_red
    Nice one Chris. Leading the way unless someone can pip it in the next 2 hours!
  • edited May 2012
    Hi guys

slightly un-related, but i saw Mr Orford in same tourny and wondered if same happened to him or anyone else for that matter....

The 7.45pm £250 gtd timed tourny kicked off and something wasn't quite right, i was on another tourny at same time which was fine but the timed one went CRAZY....there were no avatars...no stacks....and even worse NO HOLE CARDS, also no names appeared, i played the whole thing blind as did a few other players...some people could see their cards and some couldnt, every now and then cards would appear briefly (when they were terrible) and then dissapear again......where the stacks should be it said  " 0.0-1"

I normally do quite well in these tourneys and i love em dearly but OH MY GOSH was it tilting not being able to see cards,stacks and names.....

My paranoid mind thinks someones managed to hack Sky somehow and take the tourny home for themselves, maybe the guy who won it...hmmmmm

I phoned Customer service who said no-one else had this problem, although a guy i was playing with Pete1966 said he'd back it for me that this indeed did happen...he obviously didnt phone Customer service because they said no-one had called...
    Customer service DID refund the original buy-in which was really nice of them... but i cant help feeling something was seriously amiss...

What could cause this to happen? Can anyone out there confirm i am not going crazy....Customer duty Manager could see nothing on system.... but i am now too scared to play these incase it happens again....

i saw RICHORFORD in lobby which made me think maybe he saw some weirdness on his table or knew someone who did....

i dunno...i feel i lost out on potential profit because of something i dont understand and still havent got any answers to....

I'm going to write to Alderney Gambling Commision to see if they can find an answer because something weird is going on and if Sky dont know about it, then somebody better had...

I cant believe i'm the only one who actually reported this....can anyone let me know if they have an inkling cos i'm stumped....    : (

I hate moaning and grumbling but this needs investigating, i make a little money on these tournys nothing major but i'm getting by....now this has happened i'm wondering if its safe to go back in the water...lol

Again sorry for hijacking the thread just wondered if i'm the only one....Thanks Guys (and Gals) ; )
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: LIVE TONIGHT 7PM- MIDNIGHT: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE. Win your Thurs main event seat here! : Nice one Chris. Leading the way unless someone can pip it in the next 2 hours!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    don't expect it to be anywhere near enough Rich
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Timed Tourneys Hacked???:
    Hi guys  slightly un-related, but i saw Mr Orford in same tourny and wondered if same happened to him or anyone else for that matter....   The 7.45pm £250 gtd timed tourny kicked off and something wasn't quite right, i was on another tourny at same time which was fine but the timed one went CRAZY....there were no avatars...no stacks....and even worse NO HOLE CARDS, also no names appeared, i played the whole thing blind as did a few other players...some people could see their cards and some couldnt, every now and then cards would appear briefly (when they were terrible) and then dissapear again......where the stacks should be it said  " 0.0-1" I normally do quite well in these tourneys and i love em dearly but OH MY GOSH was it tilting not being able to see cards,stacks and names..... My paranoid mind thinks someones managed to hack Sky somehow and take the tourny home for themselves, maybe the guy who won it...hmmmmm I phoned Customer service who said no-one else had this problem, although a guy i was playing with Pete1966 said he'd back it for me that this indeed did happen...he obviously didnt phone Customer service because they said no-one had called... Customer service DID refund the original buy-in which was really nice of them... but i cant help feeling something was seriously amiss... What could cause this to happen? Can anyone out there confirm i am not going crazy....Customer duty Manager could see nothing on system.... but i am now too scared to play these incase it happens again.... i saw RICHORFORD in lobby which made me think maybe he saw some weirdness on his table or knew someone who did.... i dunno...i feel i lost out on potential profit because of something i dont understand and still havent got any answers to.... I'm going to write to Alderney Gambling Commision to see if they can find an answer because something weird is going on and if Sky dont know about it, then somebody better had... I cant believe i'm the only one who actually reported this....can anyone let me know if they have an inkling cos i'm stumped....    : ( I hate moaning and grumbling but this needs investigating, i make a little money on these tournys nothing major but i'm getting by....now this has happened i'm wondering if its safe to go back in the water...lol Again sorry for hijacking the thread just wondered if i'm the only one....Thanks Guys (and Gals) ; )
    Posted by delano1975

hi the best thing to do in cases like this is phone or contact customer care giving as much info as poss, customer care do not come on to the forums so won't see this

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Timed Tourneys Hacked???:
    Hi guys  slightly un-related, but i saw Mr Orford in same tourny and wondered if same happened to him or anyone else for that matter....   The 7.45pm £250 gtd timed tourny kicked off and something wasn't quite right, i was on another tourny at same time which was fine but the timed one went CRAZY....there were no avatars...no stacks....and even worse NO HOLE CARDS, also no names appeared, i played the whole thing blind as did a few other players...some people could see their cards and some couldnt, every now and then cards would appear briefly (when they were terrible) and then dissapear again......where the stacks should be it said  " 0.0-1" I normally do quite well in these tourneys and i love em dearly but OH MY GOSH was it tilting not being able to see cards,stacks and names..... My paranoid mind thinks someones managed to hack Sky somehow and take the tourny home for themselves, maybe the guy who won it...hmmmmm I phoned Customer service who said no-one else had this problem, although a guy i was playing with Pete1966 said he'd back it for me that this indeed did happen...he obviously didnt phone Customer service because they said no-one had called... Customer service DID refund the original buy-in which was really nice of them... but i cant help feeling something was seriously amiss... What could cause this to happen? Can anyone out there confirm i am not going crazy....Customer duty Manager could see nothing on system.... but i am now too scared to play these incase it happens again.... i saw RICHORFORD in lobby which made me think maybe he saw some weirdness on his table or knew someone who did.... i dunno...i feel i lost out on potential profit because of something i dont understand and still havent got any answers to.... I'm going to write to Alderney Gambling Commision to see if they can find an answer because something weird is going on and if Sky dont know about it, then somebody better had... I cant believe i'm the only one who actually reported this....can anyone let me know if they have an inkling cos i'm stumped....    : ( I hate moaning and grumbling but this needs investigating, i make a little money on these tournys nothing major but i'm getting by....now this has happened i'm wondering if its safe to go back in the water...lol Again sorry for hijacking the thread just wondered if i'm the only one....Thanks Guys (and Gals) ; )
    Posted by delano1975
    Hello mate, only just read this.

Sorry to hear you had trouble in the 7.45pm.

I can honestly say I experienced no such problems, other than being rubbish at poker!

The graphics and hole cards loaded fine for me.

As Mod Chris says, best thing is to talk to customer care giving as much detail as poss, and I wish you the best with it.

• edited May 2012
    Did nicely in the 60 minute- as usual ;-)

Just gotta get across these 30 minuters!

RICHORFORD57508£25.01
    £11 buy-in

ROI= 127%
  • edited May 2012
    Errrrrrrrr - so that didn't go to plan in a 1 hour timed tourny.

Started at 10pm - break at 10.55pm and then tourny ended? Not sure that is supposed to happed. I thought we still got 1 hour of play from the way it was explained?

Could just be another gremlin?
  • edited May 2012
    Hey guys, following the fun as always, sadly got a nasty beat in my only attempt this evening so looks like im going to have to wait till next week. 

Quick question, is it me or were there less timed touraments in the lobby this evening. It may well be that am very tired but didn't appear to be as many games this evening. 

Good luck to all playing  

Andy 
  • edited May 2012
    Hey guys, following the fun as always, sadly got a nasty beat in my only attempt this evening so looks like im going to have to wait till next week.  Quick question, is it me or were there less timed touraments in the lobby this evening. It may well be that am very tired but didn't appear to be as many games this evening.  Good luck to all playing   Andy 
    Posted by bolesAA
    Not just you m8y - there was deffinately some timed tournies missing tonight.

Rich is aware of it and hopefully it is just a blip.
  • edited May 2012

Well done scouse_red if you hold on to win, especially after being so close last week. Am probably wrong but there don't seem to have been as many timed tournaments in the lobby as usual tonight?

I played a £3 one earlier on and ended up with a - ROI! Am tempted to play the £5, 15 minute one at 11.40pm if the target is still achievable!

• edited May 2012
    I've drawn the powers-that-be's attention to the timed tourney break and also the lack of 60 minute tourneys tonight so hopefully that will be redressed by next week if it's possible.

I'm regged for the 15 minute one at 11.40pm and that will be my final shot tonight.

Chris is still leading though!
  • edited May 2012
    It does seem like a slow evening,
    I got £12.26 in a £5.50 (15min) earlier Tournament ID: 6376071
    I think that's 123% ROI
  • edited May 2012
    Well done scouse_red if you hold on to win, especially after being so close last week. Am probably wrong but there don't seem to have been as many timed tournaments in the lobby as usual tonight? I played a £3 one earlier on and ended up with a - ROI! Am tempted to play the £5, 15 minute one at 11.40pm if the target is still achievable!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    thanks bud expect it to be beat tho

edit:told ya lol

• edited May 2012
    Think the score is beatable, I'm in the 11:40pm.