You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Probably standard but......

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Should I be happy trying to get it all in here?

Oppo is a reg at this level & whilst I wouldn't particularly describe them as a bad player (based on the general standard of play at this level) they do tend to get involved with too many marginal hands at this level. They very rarely raise pre unless they've got a monster so I'm pretty sure I'm not up against AA/KK/JJ.

My reason for just making up the blind here is simply because there's very few flops I'm gonna like & I'm OOP. Mid/late position I'm always open raising here.

When oppo raises behind me I feel I've only really got two options & folding ain't one of them! If I 3 bet here then I guess I should be happy to stack off if they shove, right? My thoughts at the time were that I could easily be up against a TP/2P kind of hand but I was also aware that there's now a potential made straight on board. Obviously if they've made the straight then I'm behind but I've got 10 outs which I'm fairly sure are all clean IF this is the case.

As the title suggests, is this just one of those standard spots where we should be trying to get as much in the middle right now or is there ever a time where we could flat? (I probably already know the answer to this but have been playing so badly over the past year I just wanted to check my thinking is correct!)

Hand ID is 498626306
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
silentbob Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £5.44
--- Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.63
 Your hole cards

--- Fold     
--- Fold     
OPPO Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.25
silentbob Call  £0.02 £0.12 £5.42
--- Check     
Flop

• K