You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bit of a pickle!

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
i decided to leave in what i did. 

Comments

• edited March 2012
    bb is a reg at this level and he has been on the table for 3-4 orbits.i have raised from button every time. thinking he is just playing back at me, is flatting pre wrong?
    if i dont put him on the ace here because of my pre flop thinking again can i justified the call.
    very small turn bet after he checks as im thinking hes given up here and i still want to keep him in.
    what do i do on river?
    onthemoonSmall blind £0.10£0.10£34.54
     Big blind £0.20£0.30£19.80
     Your hole cards
    • A

Stew1Fold    
    GFKIJKLLFold    
    samjazzFold    
    pod1Raise £0.60£0.90£22.26
    onthemoonFold    
     Raise £2.00£2.90£17.80
    pod1Call £1.60£4.50£20.66
    Flop

• A
    • A

Bet £2.80£7.30£15.00
    pod1Call £2.80£10.10£17.86
    Turn

Check    
    pod1Bet £1.20£11.30£16.66
     Call £1.20£12.50£13.80
    River

• K

Check    
    pod1Check    
     Show

pod1Show
    • A

pod1WinThree Aces£11.87 £28.53
  • edited March 2012
    or is it complete spew with a hint of bottling at the end?
  • edited March 2012
    fold or 4b/f pre

Luckily you always flop monsters, but whats your plan on Axx flops? when you miss? Also big rio on this type of board

Postflop  prefer checking back turn and betting river 2/3 -3/4 pot. As played not sure, maybe fire big and hope he calls with a king, its pretty tough for him to call any bet with worse than Kx
  • edited March 2012
    I'd probz fold pre as that's a chunky 11x 3bet.

Flop fine.

Turn bet is too small, tbh I might check back here to look weak and get some value on river but if you bet make it more.

River 100% bet, pretty sure checking back is illegal here lol
  • edited March 2012
    big rio ???. when it came to river i thought to myself "what if my original thinking is flawed" lol
  • edited March 2012
    Reverse Implied Odds
  • edited March 2012
    I pretty much agree with everyone else here. I think you should just fold your hand to the 3-bet.

By the river, any value hand is likely to bet so I'd pop in a half-pot value bet when he checks to you.

The RIO stuff just means that you're only going to make a big pot when it's bad for you. The only way the opponent puts in all his chips on a board you like (i.e. when you have trip aces) is when he has a better hand than you. The only real value of your A5s is to make a flush, but that won't happen too often.
  • edited March 2012
    tnx people. like i say it was messy and it did start pre, but hitting flop that hard it still wasnt a done deal. tnx again  phil
  • edited March 2012
    If you think oppo is playing back at you then, I think it's fine -
    If there's really that much of a dynamic between you
    Really don't like 4 bet folding these spots

When oppo checks turn - like hello - are you b/f turn here ? Or inducing -
    Gotta think why oppo checks turn!
    but turn bet more 100% dude and get value from two streets if you believe oppo would think your barrelling or just check turn but you have so much of a hand I just hate checking turn )

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: bit of a pickle!:
    If you think oppo is playing back at you then, I think it's fine - If there's really that much of a dynamic between you Really don't like 4 bet folding these spots When oppo checks turn - like hello - are you b/f turn here ? Or inducing - Gotta think why oppo checks turn! but turn bet more 100% dude and get value from two streets if you believe oppo would think your barrelling or just check turn but you have so much of a hand I just hate checking turn )
    Posted by rancid
    There isnt much of a dynamic between them from what pod posted in op

Why dont you like 4b/f?

I think its pretty hard to get big bets called on turn and river and still be good
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: bit of a pickle! : There isnt much of a dynamic between them from what pod posted in op Why dont you like 4b/f? I think its pretty hard to get big bets called on turn and river and still be good
    Posted by grantorino

Kinda like flatting IP if oppo is playing back and playing post flop, and trying to extract more
    Surely by 4 b/f we either get worse to fold or we fold to better
    Think you can get value from pairs on two streets, bet on turn seems pointless - if oppo ain't got a pair your not getting value anyway - except from worse draws

if river ends up with oppo holding an ace or better - then yeah whatever )

pod could just be levelling himself too much though don't you think if he thinks oppo is ever only playing back because he is raising btn lots
  • edited March 2012
    wel if u can extract value with A5 u are pretty awesome postflop

with dynamic pod describes I would think lots better folds

getting 3 streets from QQ etc sounds pretty impressive, obv depends on dynamic
  • edited March 2012
    wel if u can extract value with A5 u are pretty awesome postflop with dynamic pod describes I would think lots better folds getting 3 streets from QQ etc sounds pretty impressive, obv depends on dynamic
    Posted by grantorino
    It's only based on if oppo is playing back with nothing and/or low-mid prs that carry some equity

Kinda happy calling c bet and taking it away on turn or river or just being an ace high hero - lolz
    Plus yeah people always station off with pairs on a paired flop so getting two streets of value is no problem )

But I see where your coming from with the 4 b/f, think 4 b/f would be the easiest and most standard line - takes away any post flop spew you may make if oppo is not playing back )