You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forgetfulness or just sulking?

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
  This is a situation that has really been annoying me.

Imagine the scene you find the cash table that you want to play at but it unfortunately full so you add you name to the waiting list. You are at the top so hopefully it wont be long. Then a guy goes all in and loses, you prepare your mouse finger but then he reloads so it is back to waiting. Then another guy goes all in and loses so you prepare yourself again, no sign of him reloading so this is it. But wait he has not reloaded nor has he left the table, he is just sat there occupying a seat that someone else wants. You have to wait until the site kicks him off the table before you can sit down.

Is it just me thinking this but it does seem to me like the guy has lost money and has not left the table because he is sulking. The possibility of just forgetting to stand up is there but it always seems like sulking to me especially if they then start passing comments in the chat box.

Of course it could just be the paranoia kicking in again.
 What does evrybody else think?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Its a pain, perhaps Sky should allow 1 minute to reload and then auto vacate the seat?

Thats my idea anyway!!
  • edited November 2009
    I was always under the impression that if you click x in the top right, the table closes but you stay seated till you get kicked off.

To physically get up, you have to click the tab on the left hand side.

Usually, when I lose a tourney, I just click on the x.

By the same token, when i leave a cash game, again I just click the x, then afterwards realise that i have not in fact left. I then have to go back and physically leave.

I assume this is the same for others.

I think if you close a table, regardless of how, then the site should remove you from the seat at the end of the next hand.
  • edited November 2009
    i think when your felted the easiest way is for it to ask if you want to reload and if you say no it should kick you off. It shouldn't let you kill the table until you answer.

With this being web browser based system i don't know how simple that is to input but im in full agreement that people with a 0 balance can sit there too long without vacating the seat
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Forgetfulness or just sulking?:
    Its a pain, perhaps Sky should allow 1 minute to reload and then auto vacate the seat? Thats my idea anyway!!
    Posted by SolarCarro
    +1 solar ive always thought that would be best for everyone then we all know where we stand gl m8
  • edited November 2009
    Ive lost all my stack before on the cash tables (lots of times lol) and left, however it is different on cash as hale said, you have to press 'stand up' then it says you will be stood up after completion of the next hand, then you have to press exit - really annoying process when you've just lost the heap lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Forgetfulness or just sulking?:
    Its a pain, perhaps Sky should allow 1 minute to reload and then auto vacate the seat? Thats my idea anyway!!
    Posted by SolarCarro
    I totalaly agree. I was waiting on 3 tables at sametime at weekend, and after half an hour gave up and went and did something else instead.

On two of the tables, there was at least one player sat out for at least 5mins.

On the tables waiting list there were at least one or two others waiting. A time limit of sat out for cash games would stop this situation
  • edited November 2009
    i think you should ony get 1 minute max to make your decsion(stay or go) and then be kicked off the table if the timer runs out.
  • edited November 2009
    I agree with Hale.
    When you have lost all your money, a lot of people just click close the table tab instead of the stand button.
    I don't think that players do it deliberately, they just forget the correct way to leave a table.
    I do believe that if a player is sat out for a complete round of blinds they are then taken of the table, but on a 10 seater this could be a long time to wait. There should be a time limit set instead.
  • edited November 2009
    AGREE THERE SHOULD BE A AUTOKICK OF TIME BUT 1 MINUTE MAY BE A BIT SHORT AS PEOPLE MAY HAVE TO DEPOSIT INTO THERE ACCOUNT BEFORE THEY CAN RELOAD THE TABLE MAYBE 3 MINS WOULD BE ENOUGH. BUT THERE SHOULD BE A POP UP TO ASK YOU YES OR NO STRAIGHT AWAY
  • edited November 2009
    i think there are reasons behind this, people are given the opertunity to think whether they want to buy back in or not, thats why people are still sat down woth no cash, it is REALLY  annoying though.
  • edited November 2009
    agree  with  u there  talon  happend  to  me  a  few   times  if   they  not   reloading     should   be  a  couple   of  mins  then the seat   should  become  free    waited  ages   there  sill  sat   there  doing  nothing