You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1 of those hands your like "show me da money"

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
thought i played this well, maybe slightly spewy pre. aggressive player betting into to me , even the all in at the end im thinking "happy days". should i have took over at anytime?
Wacko90Small blind £0.10£0.10£19.40
vellpopBig blind £0.20£0.30£21.26
andrea1957Big blind £0.20£0.50£11.80
 Your hole cards

VanRossiFold    
pod1Raise £0.60£1.10£18.17
andrea1957Fold    
 Raise £1.80£2.90£17.43
Wacko90Fold    
vellpopFold    
pod1Call £1.20£4.10£16.97
Flop

pod1Check    
 Bet £1.50£5.60£15.93
pod1Call £1.50£7.10£15.47
Turn

• K

pod1Check    
 Bet £3.50£10.60£12.43
pod1Call £3.50£14.10£11.97
River

• J

pod1Check    
 All-in £12.43£26.53£0.00
pod1All-in £11.97£38.50£0.00
 Unmatched bet £0.46£38.04£0.46
pod1Show

Show

WinStraight to the Jack£36.24 £36.70

Comments

• edited March 2012
    As you say pre-flop is a loose call to say the least. Calling 3-bets out of possition with a hand that you will likely have to "fit or fold" after the flop. You can make the call if you are certain you are going to be able to play for stacks after the flop when he hits a pair. I would just lay it down though.

check-raise is normal on the board with such a strong hand and such a draw heavy board. I might be inclined to donk lead this flop around £2.80 though. His 3-bet doesn't necessarily mean that he has a big hand (since it came from the button and people like to 3-bet light from the button) but he might have made a pair on the flop and put you on a draw. If he calls then you have the initiative and can keep betting. If he raises you then you can comfortably 3-bet shove.

The way you play the hand is pretty passive and fine if you would normally play the hand like this. But if you are normally aggressive then take the initiative on the flop.

The result is just unfortunate and I actually think that posting it will bias the responses you get on this forum.
  • edited March 2012
    On that board, I would either lead or check/raise the flop, and get the money in ASAP. Not the sort of board where I want to be check/calling, and the river shows exactly why I wouldn't be check calling, as when we eventually put our money in, we're behind.
  • edited March 2012
    Fold pre as odds looks pretty average or 4bet/C if you know he's light.

Flop lovely C/R spot and so good on draw heavy board makes you look like on draw.

Turn again like to C/R as Kin could easily hit him plus just get money in.

River as played is ok as you let him barrel off any bluffs but I like more aggresion earilier and just building pot when you know you have the nuts.

Also danny show results ;)

• edited March 2012

pre is fine, oppo's 4 bet is way too small

initial thoughts - raise flop

• edited March 2012
    @ Rancid - Oppo 3bets not 4bets and he makes it 3x original bet, what else can he do? lol

Maybe one extra blind with Andrea in but still fine imo.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: 1 of those hands your like "show me da money":
    @ Rancid - Oppo 3bets not 4bets and he makes it 3x original bet, what else can he do? lol Maybe one extra blind with Andrea in but still fine imo.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    o yeah, man been playing NL10 for too long, thought it was a min raise lolz

my bad - 3 bet size is ok but still prefer a bit more