You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK played wrong again

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
what is wrong with me and my misuse of this hand just played so horrible
i know outcome wouldnt be any diff as player wouldnt fold to raise but still doesnt make up the fact i played it so bad
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Chella123 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £70.97
CrazyBen23 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £49.50
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

DrRunGood Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £183.02
subsnw Fold     
dave027 Fold     
SJspanky1 Call  £2.00 £4.75 £55.12
Chella123 Raise  £5.50 £10.25 £65.47
CrazyBen23 Fold     
DrRunGood Call  £3.75 £14.00 £179.27
SJspanky1 Call  £3.75 £17.75 £51.37
Flop

• J

Chella123 Check     
DrRunGood Check     
SJspanky1 Check     
Turn

Chella123 Bet  £8.00 £25.75 £57.47
DrRunGood Call  £8.00 £33.75 £171.27
SJspanky1 Fold     
River

Chella123 Check     
DrRunGood Check     
Chella123 Show

DrRunGood Muck
  • K
  • A

Chella123 Win Three 9s £32.06  £89.53

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Not bad u only lost the minimal.
  • edited March 2012
    Maybe 4bet pre, it is AK but call is fine.

Flop think I've gotta bet with NFD + GS and possible overs.

Turn again I like a raise after he just checks flop, looks like stab to nick it. 

River ul but I prefer playing it faster early on with such a great draw. 

• edited March 2012
    Once the 3-better checks to me, and I've got NFD, Gutshot, and 2 overs, I'm betting that flop big (Probably around £14ish) every day of the week and twice on sundays, looking to get my stack in the middle, and shoving on the turn no matter what.
  • edited March 2012
    How did you play this wrong?

3bet pot, we opt to see if we can improve for free oop when only better calls flop.

Although we are deep, oppo isnt.

We lose the min and see a strret for free.

Looks fine.  Sure we can opt to get aggro through streets, that potentially being fine, but dont see much wrong with this line either.
  • edited March 2012
    I agree with AMYBR, there's nothing too wrong with this. Once you've called the 3-bet pre-flop, the passive line through the streets isn't bad. I would play it more like Evilpingu but this way you'll only lose or win small pots. Evilpingu's line would have taken it down on the flop, in all likelihood, but sometimes he'll also have to put it in as a dog against a set in this spot. I don't think either way can be described as "wrong".

I'm glad that you didn't try to nick it on the end after taking such a passive line.
  • edited March 2012
    if you take the betting out of it and look at the hand you're up against, 99 , when the flop comes down he's  4 to the flush draw, he then hits the set on the turn,   you have AK with the nut flush draw but by this time Chella had the set.   considering the hand i think yo ulost minimal.

No one can know what Chella would do, who is to say a shove on the flop would see your opponent fold here?? after all you were both 4 to the flush draw.  lose players call, nitty players fold possibly..

i  wouldnt beat your self up to much. Ak can be a hand were you  donk alot of chips off..

maybe another reraise pre flop.?
  • edited March 2012

I might 4b/c pre depending on villain

bet flop and get it in

• edited March 2012
    Dont get me wrong, we dont really do anything to allow ourselves to win this pot.  But think we get c/r a tonne on flop by hands that wont fold flop and we are literally flipping vs.

Hate his 3bet out of the sb pre btw.

Looking at it again, might have been a good spot for 4bet isolate pre IP.  But can only 4bet GII vs his stack....mostly.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: AK played wrong again:
    I might 4b/c pre depending on villain bet flop and get it in
    Posted by grantorino

+1 - why so passive :S