You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Back To Basics

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all.

Had a shocker on cash over the weekend (worse spell for a year) and need some poker re-evaluating time.  I am therefore aiming this week to see how far I can get from a starting £11 (i do have more in my bankroll but will aim to not dip into it) playing what I mainly played about a year ago - £11 Double Your Money sngs and low limit mtts. I'm gonna keep everything posted and above board (kinda like a Webby) and see where I get. So until next Monday you will only see me on the low stakes whilst I try and refocus my game.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    First game £11 DYM and cashed so now on £20.

Have also cashed the 2nd and 3rd as well so currently on £38.

Also in Posters freeroll on Wednesday so hoping for a 3rd week cashing in a row!
  • edited November 2009
    Good Luck with this, look forward to reading your progress
  • edited November 2009
    Good luck phil, hope to see you in the freeroll on Wednesday
  • edited November 2009

IF YOU IMPLY THAT YOU MIGHT PUT ALL YOUR WINNINGS ON A HORSE OR FOOTY MATCH , IT WILL HELP TO BUILD UP THE SUSPENSE .GL M8.

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Back To Basics:
    IF YOU IMPLY THAT YOU MIGHT PUT ALL YOUR WINNINGS ON A HORSE OR FOOTY MATCH , IT WILL HELP TO BUILD UP THE SUSPENSE .GL M8.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    too right, thats the real webby system lol
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Haha!! Sorry but this will be purely poker.  Need to get my focussed game back as was a tilty fish all weekend.
  • edited November 2009
    Gl phil, may i suggest u follow pillowman around lots of easy money there 2 be had, lol
  • edited November 2009
    Good luck with this.

What would have happened if you'd not cashed in first £11 sng though given you were only using £11 - no play all week ;-)
  • edited November 2009
    Good luck with this. What would have happened if you'd not cashed in first £11 sng though given you were only using £11 - no play all week ;-)
    Posted by darich
    I woulda used my bankroll and started from the 2nd game lol!!!  TBH glad to have won from the first and trying to draw a line under 'The weekend nightmare'.....
  • edited November 2009
    Hi phil

Good luck m8
  • edited November 2009
    nice start, good luck
  • edited November 2009
    OK - sat on .15/.30 tonight (v bad as should stay away from cash but only had spare 20 minutes for my poker fix).

Sat with £30 and left with £45 so another £15 profit.

Challenge amount now :

START     £11
    CURRENT £53
  • edited November 2009
    N1 , KEEP IT GOING.
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    I kind of had to do the same last week.

Had an absolute mare, my worst spell ever 2 weeks ago where i obliterated my roll.

Had a couple of days where I had to have a real think about what the heck I was playing at but came back last week strongly (played as solid as I possibly could) and have actually recovered my bankroll back to above what it was before i started my super-mega-monster-godzilla tilt.

Back in business!

GL Phil.

• edited November 2009
    I kind of had to do the same last week. Had an absolute mare, my worst spell ever 2 weeks ago where i obliterated my roll. Had a couple of days where I had to have a real think about what the heck I was playing at but came back last week strongly (played as solid as I possibly could) and have actually recovered my bankroll back to above what it was before i started my super-mega-monster-godzilla tilt. Back in business! GL Phil.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Well done m8. It's horrid when a rough trot happens but if u have good bankroll management then at least its not the horror of some of the tales that Tikay has told recently! It also makes u realise that no one is immune to playing uber badly and very tilty/fishy and brings poker back into perspective that its not the money making machine that many people would have us believe it is!
  • edited November 2009
    Best of luck,

sounds like you're crushing the DYM's
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Back To Basics : Well done m8. It's horrid when a rough trot happens but if u have good bankroll management then at least its not the horror of some of the tales that Tikay has told recently! It also makes u realise that no one is immune to playing uber badly and very tilty/fishy and brings poker back into perspective that its not the money making machine that many people would have us believe it is!
    Posted by phil12uk
    We have all been there, if only we could learn to quit after losing a little bit of money, but i no with me if i lose a little bit im determined to get it back right there and then, even though i know that if i turned the poker off and played the next day i would be able to play better, but stupidly i dont wait, which of course ends in me losing more money because i am determined to win it back =/

• edited November 2009
    OK.  Arrived tonight after my son's parents evening half an hour late for the posters freeroll. It's now at the hour break and I'm 6th out of 22 players left with 5800 chips (sry mere with that race).

I loaded a £11 DYM to play at same time and got the following hand very early on. The chips from it helped me cash comfortably so I now have £62 and am on a run of 4/4 cashes since I started this challenge from DYM's.
    alter02 Small blind  10.00 10.00 2195.00
    mr cold decked Big blind  20.00 30.00 2000.00
      Your hole cards

mcguyver Fold     
    Mac77 Fold     
    owensyd Call  20.00 50.00 1735.00
    phil12uk Call  20.00 70.00 2195.00
    alter02 Fold     
    mr cold decked Check     
    Flop

• A

mr cold decked Check     
    owensyd Check     
    phil12uk Check     
    Turn

mr cold decked Bet  40.00 110.00 1960.00
    owensyd Fold     
    phil12uk Raise  120.00 230.00 2075.00
    mr cold decked Call  80.00 310.00 1880.00
    River

mr cold decked Bet  120.00 430.00 1760.00
    phil12uk Raise  500.00 930.00 1575.00
    mr cold deckedRaise  980.00 1910.00 780.00
    phil12uk All-in  1575.00 3485.00 0.00
    mr cold decked All-in  780.00 4265.00 0.00
    phil12uk Unmatched bet  195.00 4070.00 195.00
    mr cold decked Show

phil12uk Show

phil12uk Win Full House, 6s and 5s 4070.00  4265.00
  • edited November 2009
    Well have now crashed and burned in the posters freeroll. Small blind with 6,6 and shoved only for Diablo in BB to be sat there with KK!  No complaints there and good luck all those still in.  Booted up 2 more £11 DYM's which are about to start.
  • edited November 2009
    Keep it going phill ul in posters 3 roll and gl with your dym games
  • edited November 2009
    Yay!!!!!! Cashed in both DYM's so now gone from £11 to £80. Greg came to rail and wanted to play next game but then didn't get to game in time so am now playing another 2 £11 DYM's so he can play as well!!!

Now played 6 £11 DYM's and cashed in all 6 :)
  • edited November 2009
    You're on a heater Phil, imo this is pretty poor bankroll management though...

Standard buyin rule for a decent BRM strategy (which will prevent tilt and swings) is no more than 2% of your bankroll. So with £60 you should only be playing the £1 DYMs really, and grind it up from there.

Edit: Obviously i dont know your financial status so if you're able to reload beyond that £11 then your effective bankroll would in fact be larger ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Yay!!!!!! Cashed in both DYM's so now gone from £11 to £80. Greg came to rail and wanted to play next game but then didn't get to game in time so am now playing another 2 £11 DYM's so he can play as well!!! Now played 6 £11 DYM's and cashed in all 6 :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    I see, im easy money lol
  • edited November 2009
    Lol at the hand by the way, villain's name "mr cold decked" -- INDEED!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Nice Phil, get that confidence back :)..

My roll is still tippy stepping onwards and upwards - £20 now £83
  • edited November 2009
    You're on a heater Phil, imo this is pretty poor bankroll management though... Standard buyin rule for a decent BRM strategy (which will prevent tilt and swings) is no more than 2% of your bankroll. So with £60 you should only be playing the £1 DYMs really, and grind it up from there. Edit: Obviously i dont know your financial status so if you're able to reload beyond that £11 then your effective bankroll would in fact be larger ;)
    Posted by Deadluck
    If u see he start of this thread, it is nothing to do with bankroll management and more to do with refocussing my game and playing for fun and not cold hard cash.  My actual bankroll is nice and healthy - just not as good as it was before last weekend lol
  • edited November 2009
    Nice one Phil.
    Keep it going.
    I am strong enough to leave the poker alone if I am having a bad day and come back to next day and get back to my winning ways.
  • edited November 2009
    Nice Phil, get that confidence back :).. My roll is still tippy stepping onwards and upwards - £20 now £83
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Well done m8. Excellent effort.
  • edited November 2009
    Well I've definitely seen a change of luck and cashed in both these DYM's as well!!!

Played 8 since start of refocussing and cashed 8 (all at £11 DYM stakes)

START     : £11
    CURRENT : £98

Oh.........Greg also cashed in 1 of those games.