You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

YOUR SPORTS STORIES

THIS DON`T HAVE TO BE JUST ABOUT FOOTBALL CAN BE RUGBY, CRICKET ECT. SO HERE`S MINE AS A GUIDELINE.

Before i was forced to retire at 23, was told if i carry on i`ll be in wheelchair within two yrs.

We had a friendly with the local pub if you could call it a friendly as 5 of our players went off injured 3 off us ended up in hospital, yes i one of then.

I was back in the day a bit nippy and went running between the central defenders in the penalty box where i got both their elbows smack in the face, ended up about 6ft in the air but can not remember landing, anyway when i came round we won a penalty and as i`ve set up 3 goals also hit the woodwork 4 times i wanted to take it, i didn`t care blood was pouring from my nose but no i got dragged off the pitch (literally) to the hospital were in the waiting room two of the players where still waiting to see the doctor and these two players where my dad and brother, so you can imagine the nurses face when she called our surname out and all 3 of us stood up.

So in the cubicule i told the female doctor the story and that i`m a heamophilia with a defo broken nose, well i couldn`t believe what she said and did next, your fine sir but i`ll put this under your nose, well i aint kdding what she wanted to put under my nose looked like a ladies tampon, your kidding i replied i`m going too the pub laters i`m not weariing that.

Anyway after a few hours myself dad and brother went to the pub where i found out they missed the dam penalty ( knew i should have taken it ) and that the final score was 11-9 to the pub team.

Comments

• edited March 2012

Many years ago I was asked by a mate who ran a local U16's youth team if I'd play for them in a pre season friendly against a Bournemouth youth team. I was one of 4 overage players he drafted in to try to prevent a hiding.

I played up front with instructions to hold the ball up as best I could, not to try and be a hero. We lost something like 9 - 2, were completely dominated and I hardly got a kick in open play, although I did score one from a corner.

Opposition manager's son was a really good midfielder who was obviously a bit young for the age group, but absolutely ran the game.

Manager & midfielders name? Redknapp.