You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£3.30 Mini-Bounty Hunter, Rebuy

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #499655827 (20:34 31/03/2012)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
fladnag Small blind  15.00 15.00 3190.00
caine99uk Big blind  30.00 45.00 1975.00
 Your hole cards

-T- Fold     
gp1876 Fold     
luckyboy Call  30.00 75.00 2375.00
BorinLoner Raise  100.00 175.00 1525.00
fladnag Fold     
caine99uk Fold     
luckyboy  Call  70.00 245.00 2305.00
Flop

• Q
  • K

luckyboy  Check     
BorinLoner Bet  122.50 367.50 1402.50
luckyboy  Call  122.50 490.00 2182.50
Turn

• A

luckyboy  Check     
BorinLoner Check     
River

• Q

luckyboy  Bet  367.50 857.50 1815.00
BorinLoner Fold     
luckyboy  Muck     
luckyboy  Win  490.00  2305.00
luckyboy Return  367.50 0.00 2672.50

Comments

• edited March 2012

So, it's the bounty hunter mini (which is apparently a rebuy tournament, though I didn't know that when I registered). Obviously the flop could be better for my hand but how many of you fire again on the turn after he checks it to you? There's alot to rep here so should I have tried to do it? If he calls again I can never fire again on the river, so am I right to shut down?

I did have reads on the opponent but I'd rather hear your views on this hand "in a vacuum" since it's more interesting that way.

• edited March 2012
    Not sure what happened there, I can't get it sized properly. Anyway I started with 1625 chips and luckyboy(pseudonym) had 2405.
  • edited April 2012
    I guess you could fire the turn repping a Jack but tbh I'd just shut down as in these comps you can never be sure the other guy is on the same level. 

You here think that board is horrible for KT but he might think he has the nuts and is never folding, also add in the fact a J was in his range for calling the flop, OESD, and it makes it even more risky IMO. Fact he limp calls pre OOP makes me think even more that he might not be capable of folding 2pair, even 1 pair.

Another hand could be the FD which you could bet for value against on turn but that is a fairly small portion and even if it misses river could be tricky if he donks. 
  • edited April 2012

Suicidal seebet! 

You don't seem to 'get' these mini main comps! 

Stop bluffing :P
  • edited April 2012
    check back flop

check back turn
  • edited April 2012
    check it dooooooooooooooooon
  • edited April 2012

As I'm learning from your analysis I thought I'd post my views. ;-)  
    At this stage in tourney with small pp I'm checking to set-mine.  What were you trying to achieve with a half-pot bet on flop? Were you hoping he'd fold?  Genuinely interested.  Also, I'm c/f  this flop .. next hand move on ... You've lost over 10% of your stack and I'm not sure why?  I'm guessing/hoping you had reads?

• edited April 2012
    Entitled to fire 1 bullet generally, but I seriously wouldnt here.

Get called - shutdown.
  • edited April 2012
    The reason for the c-bet on the flop is pretty simple: It's a bad flop for my 77 but it's also a bad flop for suited connectors and other low pairs, that were definitely in his range... If I told you he'd been playing alot of hands, I wouldn't be telling you the half of it but generally speaking, the limp-call fits a wide range including much besides two high cards.

Of course, giving up on 77 on this board isn't something that anyone's going to criticise. I was just wondering who might consider carrying on to rep a monster. Does anybody keep going at this board? Obviously I didn't, but does anyone think it's worth carrying on to get them off bare Kings, Tens or even Aces... perhaps even two-pairs?
  • edited April 2012
    check fold for me
  • edited April 2012

Okay, forget we have 77 for a moment. We're bluffing... Who does it? Does anyone who would do it want to give me some arguments for why they would do it?

That's why I posted this: I didn't carry on bluffing it but I want to hear some arguments in favour.

• edited April 2012
    Im ridic aggro these days so would normally be firing first bullet to shake off worse pps n weird hands the limp calling stations like to see.  Obv better than firing turn.  But also to keep my line consistent as my c-bet % is going to be 80%+ in these scenarios.

May even fire a second bullet based upon peel factor and we can put limp caller on few hands that call flop fold turn Kx/ Qx / spades etc.  But if we fire two, we are mostly compelled to fire third and feels like we are going to get stationed alot, esp as micro BI.

If we fire second we are committing a lot more on hand than is warranted, + as bounty we are damaging our potential HP opportunities.

As always player dynamic dependant.  We keep firing we are hoping that oppo is aware enough to fold, which wont for most part, especially as will show Arag a tonne here.............
  • edited April 2012

bluffin on that sort of board in a rebuy bounty hunter?

gotta be an April Fool!