You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A sincere thankyou.

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I know this will come off kind of cheesy but I do mean it in a sincere way.

Just wanted to say thank you to all those that contribute and debate on this forum.

I have only really got serious about online again in the last 9 months or so.  Have played for nearly 7 years now.  Have been a semi pro MTT/cash player for around 3 and a half years.  I have always done better live than online for certain reasons - being lvl of oppo’s and just having more discipline live I think.

But despite the bulk of my income having come from games I was woefully ignorant of some deep flaws in my game/mindset.  I truly chuckle at myself in hindsight.

The technical aspect of my game is literally so far removed from my starting point that its comical.  My understanding of bet size and value being a hugely improved part of my game.  That being as a result of this forum pretty much exclusively, forcing me to challenge my own views and lines.  To break bad habits and just open up new doors surrounding approach

I’ve always been very confident at the table, in the past I think it was just because  - as bad as I likely was - I still had an edge vs. the people I had been playing with.

It is easy to get complacent in the game.  Most people that know me know I can debate with the best of them and am happy to step out of the box.  But if there is one thing that is definitely true, its that there is always a layer of the game above your own.

I have been running deep and closing out some quite worthy MTTs and it is simply down to the hours I have spent in here.  All the strategy used being learned/refined by hammering out approach with you guys.

So a sincere and humble thank you (you all know who you are and what you bring).

Comments

• edited April 2012
    You're right, it does come off as kind of cheesy. It's a better thank you than the "Thanks for your money, donk!" that I'm used to, but I'm sure this wasn't meant for the likes of me anyway. :P
  • edited April 2012
    No you were very much included.  Since you joined your posts have been concise and I think we are very similar in alot of ways.

Grantorino wasnt kidding when he commented about our debate in the pocket 5's hand :)  You are just as obsessive and go off on just as many tangents as I do - perhaps slightly more so :)
  • edited April 2012
    Glad to hear the pokerz is going well

Nice to see that constantly disagreeing with me for months is working out for you :)
  • edited April 2012
     It may be cheesy but its a nice sentiment and reflects what this forum is about. Just people who enjoy playing poker at many different levels and disciplines debating, advising and having a chuckle about the game.

I've found you to have been one of the most welcoming of the regular forum brigade to us new posters and you talk a lot of sense about different situations and in a nice manner.

So many thanks straight back at ya!! :)
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: A sincere thankyou.:
     It may be cheesy but its a nice sentiment and reflects what this forum is about. Just people who enjoy playing poker at many different levels and disciplines debating, advising and having a chuckle about the game. I've found you to have been one of the most welcoming of the regular forum brigade to us new posters and you talk a lot of sense about different situations and in a nice manner. So many thanks straight back at ya!! :)
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Big +1 to this. AMYBR comes across as a very knowlagable person and gives some great advice which has helped me a lot

Agree too that there are some very good players on here. Again, you know who you are, ty.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm not so good with genuine niceness... I spend far more time on this forum than I spend playing at the moment and I find it to be occassionally very interesting. AMYBR has been a leading contributor in my few weeks on the site and that is appreciated.
  • edited April 2012
  • edited April 2012
    Nice post Dean! Good to hear you're running good/better!  I always read the clinic as you know and your advice, altho sometimes hard to follow ;-), is good to read. Don't sugar-coat it tho! 
    pad
    p.s. Always Manage Your Bank Roll!!
  • edited April 2012
    If I did id be a bisquillionaire bud :p

Still seeing some ridic action (as you know FB bud) but when it clicks I def feel the gears are finely tuned.

Thanks to all for the kind feedback