You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I HATE SKY BROADBAND!

edited April 2012 in Area 51
approxx 15 seconds before 500 mill hand. 
SKY C.RAP BROADBAND DROPS OUT...

I hate sky, im cancelling my entire TV subsctuption..

Comments

• edited April 2012
    8 weeks
    3 Engineer Visits
    over 100 phone calls to sky
    conformation the my broadband is "unstable"

THIS IS FACT... Not Area 51...
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: I HATE SKY BROADBAND!:
    8 weeks 3 Engineer Visits over 100 phone calls to sky conformation the my broadband is "unstable" THIS IS FACT... Not Area 51...
    Posted by SolidStan1
    This is probably down to the poor connection from BT in your area rather than sky broadband services.
  • edited April 2012
    pokertrev on the payroll :p
  • edited April 2012
    i feel your pain, last year i had similar probs. then i found out it was the line itself, they upped what it could tal=ke to a whopping 1.2mg and 3 mnths later it started to burn itself out, dropped in and out more times than i care to mention.sorted now as they put me on another line.  phil
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for your sympithy guys.
    And Im really sorry for a really really bad post.
    I was absoultly tamping, really nice day, missues naggin me to go out, but the 500 millionth was comming.
    It cost me a day all for nothing, no fault of Sky Poker of course. (wish I went out before posting). And to be fair Sky BB, has tryed everything also. BT been out 3 times. Had a new mastersocket, different pair of wires from the post to the green box. And nothing has worked. Oddly I only suffer until 5pm EVERYDAY! then its fine all evening..

I guess there are worse ways to vent off anyways..
  • edited April 2012

It sounds like electrical interference that is turned of at 5.

Check this site http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/rein.htm for possible help.

• edited April 2012
    In Response to I HATE SKY BROADBAND!:
    approxx 15 seconds before 500 mill hand.  SKY C.RAP BROADBAND DROPS OUT... I hate sky, im cancelling my entire TV subsctuption..
    Posted by SolidStan1
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: I HATE SKY BROADBAND! : This is probably down to the poor connection from BT in your area rather than sky broadband services.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    nah this is down to when u ring them up and tell them the problem u have they havint got a clue and u can tell they are tryin to give u an answer from a script..

so un profesional.
  • edited April 2012
    i feel your pain, last year i had similar probs. then i found out it was the line itself, they upped what it could tal=ke to a whopping 1.2mg and 3 mnths later it started to burn itself out, dropped in and out more times than i care to mention.sorted now as they put me on another line.  phil
    Posted by pod1

amazing answer on skys behalf yet again...well done
  • edited April 2012
    Interesting Thanks, 
    When I got abit more time, I will try some of this.
  • edited April 2012
    I had the same problem for 3 years with Sky Broadband. I then convinced Sky to send a BT OpenReach Engineer. They deal with the line itself. They tell you it will be £50 call out if it is proved not to be the line. That is to put you off. My engineer was really friendly and he checked my set up in the house and said it was all fine. He then went outside to the Green Box at the end of my road which I assumed was the exchange. He sat there for 5 minutes and then came back in and said it was a poor line and was fitted incorrectly. He then went off in the van to change something out. I have not had a single problem since and my internet has not dropped out once. It used to drop out every 15 minutes or so and sometimes more frequently than that. I am now really happy as the speed is good. Hope this helps mate. Get on the phone and get them to  sort it out!lol
    Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham