You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Now THATS dedication.

edited December 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour

Did any of you get to meet, or chat with, "Yjatland", aka Colin?

He left home - The Shetland Isles - on Thursday, & set off home on Sunday, & told me he'd be home on Tuesday! 

Top, top, bloke, too.

Try google Maps to see where The Shetland Isles are. It's nearer Bergen, in Norway, than Manchester!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    OH, now I really do feel bad for knocking him out.  Could sky ask him to pick a tournament of his choice and I will buy him in to it....  except 2k deepstack on Sun lol....

Great dedication and a fine bloke too...

GB.
  • edited November 2009
    Can i also mention Jaegerbomb who travelled from Elgin in North Scotland by train, a journey of over 10 hours each way!

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Now THATS dedication.:
    Did any of you get to meet, or chat with, "Yjatland", aka Colin? He left home - The Shetland Isles - on Thursday, & set off home on Sunday, & told me he'd be home on Tuesday!  Top, top, bloke, too. Try google Maps to see where The Shetland Isles are. It's nearer Bergen, in Norway, than Manchester!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Without correcting you Tikay, his name is Hjaltland, though your pronounciation is correct!

I made a point of grabbing him and getting him to record a "My Name Is...", and he was a thoroughly nice bloke! He was telling me that Hjaltland is the Nordic spelling of "Shetland" apparently.

Of course, by the time I'd collered him for the interview he's been at the bar for a while, but was still enjoying himself and was great on camera!

(And by the way Gliterbabe, you may have dodged the interview this time, but I'll make sure we get you at the next one!)

Rich (Camera and production, according to Mr_Mbro! Thanks for the mention by the way!)
  • edited November 2009
    I was a couple of seats away from from Hjaltland at the start, had a quick chat with him, but he didn't last too long alas.  His ferry journey was 12 hours alone.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Now THATS dedication.:
    In Response to Now THATS dedication. : Without correcting you Tikay, his name is Hjaltland, though your pronounciation is correct! I made a point of grabbing him and getting him to record a "My Name Is...", and he was a thoroughly nice bloke! He was telling me that Hjaltland is the Nordic spelling of "Shetland" apparently. Of course, by the time I'd collered him for the interview he's been at the bar for a while, but was still enjoying himself and was great on camera! (And by the way Gliterbabe, you may have dodged the interview this time, but I'll make sure we get you at the next one!) Rich (Camera and production, according to Mr_Mbro! Thanks for the mention by the way!)
    Posted by Anonemouse
    Hi Rich,
    I was being nice m8, I could have told the truth that all you did was walk around with a pen and paper looking busy, although to be fair every now and then you did change that to hats, pens,and stress balls lol.
    Only joking. The big thing is that it takes all the team to perform to make a success of these things and you deserve the credit as much as the "faces" and dont ever forget that.
    col
  • edited November 2009
    I'm not Marketing Rich AKA SPT AKA "The Grim Reaper" as he put it!! I genuinely AM the Rich who walked around with a camera all night, jealous that you guys got to play!!

Though I also made it away with a baseball cap at the end...though I think my girlfriend has since laid claim to that...

Still, it was good for me to put faces to names - normally I'm picking hands in shows, and never know who is who. Some of you are totally different to what I imagined (FlashFlush), whereas other certainly hit (Or exceeded) expectations (mentioning no names RazorKev!!)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Now THATS dedication. : Without correcting you Tikay, his name is Hjaltland, though your pronounciation is correct! I made a point of grabbing him and getting him to record a "My Name Is...", and he was a thoroughly nice bloke! He was telling me that Hjaltland is the Nordic spelling of "Shetland" apparently. Of course, by the time I'd collered him for the interview he's been at the bar for a while, but was still enjoying himself and was great on camera! (And by the way Gliterbabe, you may have dodged the interview this time, but I'll make sure we get you at the next one!) Rich (Camera and production, according to Mr_Mbro! Thanks for the mention by the way!)
    Posted by Anonemouse
    Yes - having mis-pronounced his name 100 times on the Show, he told me off, & since then, I write his moniker phonetically - it saves aggro!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Now THATS dedication.:
    Did any of you get to meet, or chat with, "Yjatland", aka Colin? He left home - The Shetland Isles - on Thursday, & set off home on Sunday, & told me he'd be home on Tuesday!  Top, top, bloke, too. Try google Maps to see where The Shetland Isles are. It's nearer Bergen, in Norway, than Manchester!
    Posted by Tikay10
    I too was on the same table as Hjatland, he was a great guy.  After he was KO'd, he went AI after flop with mid pair (10s I think), he told me that he was conscious of his wife being with him, but on her own.  Spoke to them both and they said that they had thoroughly enjoyed their trip.  Good luck to him.
  • edited November 2009

To all, my wife and i had so much fun on our trip to Manchester it was so much better than we ever could have imagined.

When i sat down at the table (first time at a live game) i was so out of my depth i felt numb but excited surrounded by so many online names that i recognised from playing on Sky Poker, they all appeared so relaxed and at home.

We have to say we met so many nice people we both look forward to another Sky Poker Tour leg, if i can qualify.

A special thanks to all the guys in this thread glad to have met you all and to have been made to feel so welcome.

TK and his crew made it a fantastic event.

Colin (Hajaltishland)

lol
  • edited November 2009

Nice Post Yjhaltylyjjaltland, great to meet you.
  • edited November 2009
    OH, now I really do feel bad for knocking him out.  Could sky ask him to pick a tournament of his choice and I will buy him in to it....  except 2k deepstack on Sun lol.... Great dedication and a fine bloke too... GB.
    Posted by GliterBabe
    Thanks GB see you in Newcastle if i win a seat, if not i'm walking to Glasgow drinks on me.
  • edited November 2009
    Well looks like i will have to put my hand in my pocket again....my wife has heard the shopping in Newcastle is even better than Manchester...ouch.

Will arrive Friday and hope to meet a few of you guys for the £20 Freezeout at Aspers (i need the practice).

We had a great time in Manchester and are looking forward to Newcastle....(Santa can you fix it for me to start on the same table as Gliterbabe...nice guy but he owes me one, lol).

Colin
  • edited November 2009
    Well done Colin.  I am still working on getting my passage - hopefully I'll make it in the next few days.  Hope to see you there.

Gordon
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Colin

I certainly hope you qualify for the glasgow leg.  Why, its practically on your doorstep by comparrison!
  • edited December 2009

Hjaltland Shetland Products’ new WildWaters ‘Smoked Salmon Pastrami’ product has been shortlisted in the prestigious 2009 Quality Food Awards, which showcases the very best food and drink products on sale in the UK.

http://www.qualityfoodawards.com/2008winners.asp?m_pid=0&m_nid=33252 (Fish Section)

I'll be bringing down to Newcastle three party packs of award winning Shetland Smoked Salmon (and i don't want to take them back with me ...lol)

First three polite requests listed below from players that will be in Aspers on Frday nite and they are yours......

(chilled vacuum packed and date stamped)

Hows that free fish from the big fish...lol.

Colin
  • edited December 2009
    Well, I do like salmon, but might be heading out afterwards...

Can't we all huddle in a corner and share?