You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call or go all in on river?

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #500372724 (13:12 02/04/2012)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rakiqSmall blind £0.05£0.05£9.97
hash354Big blind £0.10£0.15£5.05
 Your hole cards

trigger11Fold    
zCall £0.10£0.25£8.39
chrisg6912Fold    
salazarCall £0.10£0.35£12.38
xCall £0.05£0.40£9.92
yCheck    
Flop

• Q

xBet £0.30£0.70£9.62
yCall £0.30£1.00£4.75
zFold    
salazarCall £0.30£1.30£12.08
Turn

xBet £0.98£2.28£8.64
yCall £0.98£3.26£3.77
salazarCall £0.98£4.24£11.10
River

xBet £3.18£7.42£5.46
yFold    
salazar?    

Comments

• edited April 2012
    push, uve hit ur miracle hand so u have to extract as much value as possible but calling on the button with junk hands like 6 4 is just horrible, i wouldnt advise doing this in future!!! gl at the tables!!!
  • edited April 2012
    im flatting here, just looks a bit fishy.  good game yest by the way salazar, its been a while.   phil
  • edited April 2012

Raise pre here if you are playing these cards. You should be raising the turn here as you have two players putting money ahead and one could easily be chasing as played and how cheaply you got there i think you should call or fold the river

• edited April 2012
    fold>raise pre.

Raise turn.

Just flat river.
  • edited April 2012
    fold pre

fold flop

call river
  • edited April 2012

Well, yes I know that I should have folded or raised pre, that's why I didn't ask and as some have already mentioned the call on the flop was also questionable.

I actually like the call on the turn, I'm not looking to scare people away when i hit trips, especially people who will fire on the river with top pair. (still that's the only part of the hand I liked when i looked back on it)

The river bet came from the big blind and I shoved, the villian called with Q6 for a full house. (that's what I got for not folding or raising pre)

still, thanks everyone for the comments and I'll see you at the tables soon pod1
  • edited April 2012
    Easy fold pre.

Same on flop.

Raise turn for value, you actually hit your miracle yet don't raise, don't worry about scaring people off no ones folding TP on that board which is a good portion of their range. 

Snap call river.
  • edited April 2012
    Myeh there are a few scenarios where I may limp pre here, mainly connected to passivity of players, but if they are passive I'd rather see a raise OTB than just a limp firing halfpot+ into any flop

River comes down to reads. 

Will a worse hand call?  Oppo will have to be kind of bad, but hey, lot of bad players out there :p

Better obv never folds, so just comes down to our opponent.  Is he likely to call off light with Qx hands?  If so dont hate a shove.

If he is any good he'll fold those hands so obv no vl in making pot any bigger & we will only get called by better.

Vibe of the hand to me is that he has got stubborn with a weird 2pr hand in limped pot....but if it contains a 6... :p

If hes a station dont mind ship.
    If he is any good always flat.