You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Earlyish hand in £3 DYM...

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PNM Small blind  25.00 25.00 1820.00
Pysterman Big blind  50.00 75.00 1850.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

ca5eyking Raise  150.00 225.00 4500.00
onetric529 Fold     
avonmum Fold     
PNM Raise  525.00 750.00 1295.00
Pysterman
PNM's reraise, given ca5ey's stack, says to me... "I have a massive hand and I'm willing to go all-in"

Of course, PNM's idea of a 'massive hand' might be AQ or JJ or worse, but with ca5ey and his huge stack to act behind me, should I shove or wait for a better spot?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    By better spot we mean a spot with less resistance, yes?  It being a dym.

As you rightly say, it comes down to what range we believe oppo values as strength.

I dont think I fold here tbh, but will be interested to see what the DYNmasters say :)

Cant really bring the largestack into decision making process in 3bet pot though IMO
  • edited April 2012
  • edited April 2012
    If it's readless i would fold here as the player is basically pot commiting himself against the one player who can lose to him comfortably meaning i would put him on AK minimum but likely AA or KK. If you have reads on his range and you think he could so this with 4 other hands than stated above i.e QQ JJ TT and any other then its a call as your winning majority of the time.
    I think it's a hard fold but correct one in DYM
  • edited April 2012
    I can fold this :)
  • edited April 2012

Def fold with casey to act.  Hope they get jiggy and theres one less to worry about?

• edited April 2012
    With KK I stick it in and hope villain doesn't have aces. With QQ, it depends on how you perceive your opponents, but it's a sigh fold most of the time IMO.

Even if AQ is in villain's 3-bet range and would call a shove, it's probably at the very bottom of villain's 3-bet range in a DYM especially given that the original raise came from UTG. With 2 queens in our hand, the chances of him having AQ are significantly reduced - AK is much more likely than AQ. I think if we're getting all our money in here, we're very rarely getting 2 folds, and we're just gambling that the 3-bettor has JJ and can't find the fold button. Failing that, we're racing or miles behind, both of which are never a good thing in a DYM.

A better spot will come along sooner rather than later. Throw it away and kick the cat.
  • edited April 2012

I do pretty well in DYMs (though currently on a run of four 4ths in a row - ugh) so I'm glad that most of you agree I did the right thing here. Not to be results-orientated, but with the A showing up on the turn here I would probably have been out if I had shoved...

Pysterman Fold     
    ca5eyking Call  400.00 1150.00 4100.00
    Flop

PNM Check     
    ca5eyking Check     
    Turn

• A

PNM Bet  400.00 1550.00 895.00
    ca5eyking Fold
    As was mentioned above, I put PNM on at least AK and didn't feel the need to flip (or worse) for my life at this stage.

However, as I alluded to above  - I came 4th anyway.
  • edited April 2012
    its close, but i think im all in

• edited April 2012
    3bet from SB is often not a bluff, fold for me.