You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A short story about Sky Bet and a football 'banker'

edited April 2012 in Betting Chat

Last night, I got a text of those nice folk from Sky Bet giving me a free £15 bet on any football bet, due to a small error on their part. This was a nice gesture so I was adamant that I was going to use it.

I only had 1/2 hour to put this bet on before the night's games kicked off. I didn't have much time to study form etc so I plumped for an advertised treble in the form of CHELSEA, REAL MADRID and OLIMPIA (who?). This was paying odds of 5/2 so I was happy to go for it.

Whilst watching the footy last night, I was confident that Real were going to walk it but got worried when the equalizer went in at Chelsea. However, after Chelsea scored their winner, I just needed this other result to come in.

I starting searching for the result with no luck so got onto Sky Bet chat to find out if I had won. TBH, I have never heard of OLIMPIA so wasn't really sure where to check. After 1/2 hour or so, the advisor informed me that OLIMPIA were in fact a 'Hungarian' side and were not actually playing until 2am!!. 

So this morning, after searching for another 1/2 hour or so without success, I got back onto Sky Bet chat........

Seems this team are actually Paraguayan and were playing in the South American equivalent of the Champions League......

.....and they lost SIX NIL!!!!!! :(

Comments