You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MickJenn Lifetime Ban?

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Seems a little unfair to tell someone they've got a 3 month ban, then tell them at the end of that period that they've made it a lifetime ban.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Copied from the MickJenn chat release thread

I think that maybe its time to let this issue die down for a while, none of us truly know exactly why Mick's ban was increased from three months to a lifetime one. Maybe he did something else wrong or maybe its a genuine mistake by the Sky team, but because of the comments made here in support of Mick they feel they can't back down incase people on the forum start gloating that they beat the them into submission.

I can understand Bernies comment that they can't discuss individual cases on the forum, afterall I certainly wouldnt want my personal business discussed here by a third party, I dont think any of us would.

I dont know if such a thing exists but, if this problem is something that happens a lot, maybe some thought could be given to setting up an independent body, much like ACAS, who can sit down with both partys and try to settle the dispute.

Whatever happens I think we all agree that this is a excellent site and I for one wouldn't want this issue to bring an end to the excellent fun we all have here both on the tables and in the forums.

I hope that I have tried to be the voice of moderation here and thank you for listening

Steve
  • edited November 2009
    Totally agree with you Kiwini4u.
  • edited November 2009
    lifetime ban.......thats a long time  lolol...he must av killed sum 1   lolol
  • edited November 2009
    if hes got a lifetime ban then it is for a reason, simples.

lets move on this subject is having a very big negative effect on the forum
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MickJenn Lifetime Ban?:
    if hes got a lifetime ban then it is for a reason, simples. lets move on this subject is having a very big negative effect on the forum
    Posted by webby234
    shut up webby
  • edited November 2009
    if hes got a lifetime ban then it is for a reason, simples. lets move on this subject is having a very big negative effect on the forum
    Posted by webby234
    so wat yer sayin is......you dont want to talk about it coz its draggin  u down .......lololololololol......i think if anyone want to comment on this thread its up to them......
  • edited November 2009
    Is mick banned from just the community or the tables as well ??

Top bloke mick who i have had a lot of laughs with in the past !!
  • edited November 2009
    Mick was on the same table as me yesterday just chatted banned
  • edited November 2009

Curiosity killed the cat, lol.
    x

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MickJenn Lifetime Ban? : so wat yer sayin is......you dont want to talk about it coz its draggin  u down .......lololololololol......i think if anyone want to comment on this thread its up to them......
    Posted by zxghostxz
    people can comment when ever they want but how many topics are we gonna have with the same old questions over and over again, if sky say hes chat banned then hes chat banned, no matter how many threads you guys make up trying to back sky into a corner its not gonna work, and its not just dragging me down its having a negative impact on the forum in my opinion!
  • edited November 2009
    Curiosity killed the cat, lol. x
    Posted by borobabe09
    Curiosity was a big big dog! ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by webby234
    MOST OF US,ON THIS FORUM,THINK THAT YOUR HAND HISTORYS ,AND CONSTANT BAD BEAT THREADS, HAVE A MORE NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THIS FORUM WEBBY,I FOR ONE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF UR WHINGING ,BUT I DONT COME ON YOUR THREADS AND TELL U SO .......I JUST IGNORE U ,UVE BECOME PRETTY DEPRESSING IN RECENT WEEKS, BOMBARDING THE FORUM WITH YOUR, OMG LOOK WHATS HAPPENED TO ME TONIGHT THREADS,MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT YOURSELF ,BEFORE YOU COME ON HERE AND POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON ISSUES THAT DONT CONCERN YOU...........
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MickJenn Lifetime Ban? : MOST OF US,ON THIS FORUM,THINK THAT YOUR HAND HISTORYS ,AND CONSTANT BAD BEAT THREADS, HAVE A MORE NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THIS FORUM WEBBY,I FOR ONE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF UR WHINGING ,BUT I DONT COME ON YOUR THREADS AND TELL U SO .......I JUST IGNORE U ,UVE BECOME PRETTY DEPRESSING IN RECENT WEEKS, BOMBARDING THE FORUM WITH YOUR, OMG LOOK WHATS HAPPENED TO ME TONIGHT THREADS,MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT YOURSELF ,BEFORE YOU COME ON HERE AND POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON ISSUES THAT DONT CONCERN YOU...........
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
     you go tell him ten......  he's just trying to get he's post count up just to get in the freeroll sado!!!
  • edited November 2009
    here here i think mickjenn is very funny and made it a laff on here so BRING BACK MICKJENN
  • edited November 2009
    Is mick banned from just the community or the tables as well ?? Top bloke mick who i have had a lot of laughs with in the past !!
    Posted by goodylad21
    He got a 3 month ban from the table chat.
    He then got a life ban from the forum.

It then appears that the 3 month table chat ban was extended to life.

And he wears very bright shirts! If he comes back we need shades :)

• edited November 2009
    I don't know what Mick has done, and i don't need to, neither do i know him.I think this is about sky poker's integrity, as much as the ban itself. He's obviously a popular guy, so maybe an explanation might clear all this up.
  • edited November 2009
    does anyone know why he was banned,also a life ban is too much
  • edited November 2009
    does anyone know why he was banned,also a life ban is too much
    Posted by kennybad
    1) Yes.

2) How can you make that judgement if you do not know why he lost his Chat-Privileges?
  • edited November 2009
    has he spammed the forum too much or sumthing?
  • edited November 2009
    it definatly is the most sever form of punishment, so it must have been bad.
    x
  • edited November 2009
    does anyone in the community actually know what happened to warrant the ban.If so,then stop talking about it because you already know why.If not,stop talking about it because you dont even know what happened.
  • edited November 2009
    without knowing any of the facts  i would guess that his table ban would have been no more than  a couple of hours if it had happened on poker....s or f tilt,... "kicking off" in the chat box is part of poker and even the top pros dish it out on f.ll tilt.
  • edited November 2009
    / Mark 'n' Lard mode=ON

STOP

• edited November 2009
    OK gonna sound REALLY silly now but Mark 'n' Lard??
  • edited November 2009
    Since my apology thread ive just posted it dont matter how many posts i now make this week on any matter cos they wont count.So what i am gonna say is for free.Lots of people here dont seem to enjoy webbys comments,and if honest im not in his fanclub either.But he has a right to post on whatever he wants, as do the rest of us so i think everyone from now on should try to stop our jibes directed at others whether or not they are warranted.
  • edited November 2009
    OK gonna sound REALLY silly now but Mark 'n' Lard??
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Haha

Radio 1 DJs a few years back! They did "Stop!........<long pause />.............Carry on!" in a high-pitched voice. Funnier than it sounds here lol

• edited November 2009

I reckon mickjenn got it on with the sky poker's head honcho's wife thats y the life ban.....

i'll say sorry in advance if i have offended anyone with that comment lol

• edited November 2009
    I personally don't think the chat ban was enough.

To the electric chair with him.
  • edited November 2009
    just to let you all know...

this thread has been duplicated elsewhere so i'm closing this one

Rich