You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky roller - - to push or to fold

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Foldddddddddd

No fold equity and you never have the best hand, ever!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    sitting 8/8 - horrible short stack top 5 get paid - btm ladder is £450 - I sat'd in for £5 -
    So annoying to be amoung the chip leaders and then going card dead when 25 remain, hey ho mustn't grumble

Felt shove was standard
    oppo was a little active, oppo raised last hand the same amount and I just thought KJs was enough 4 handed

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    madeyeII Small blind   300.00 300.00 31092.50
    herbaliser Big blind   600.00 900.00 14181.64
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • J

GbMuFc Raise   1800.00 2700.00 29786.75
    rancid All-in   5363.75 8063.75 0.00

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky roller - sad exit - to push or to fold:
    Foldddddddddd No fold equity and you never have the best hand, ever!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Can oppo never turn over Q10/K10 - low-mid prs - don't mind a race )

• edited April 2012
    Fold. As Dohhhhhhh ahead says you have no FE and are getting called and are rarely going to be ahead. Standard shove if unopened.
  • edited April 2012
    The best you can hope for is a middle pair. You have to remember that he's raised into your short-stack, so he's bound to have had his eyes on you anyway. You have no fold equity, as has been said, and he has a hand that he's happy to take you on with. There's not alot in that range that we like. You've got to be first into a pot with your stack. Probably best to fold here and just shove with any two on the next hand. At least you'll have fold equity...
  • edited April 2012
    Simply because we have 0FE I fold.

Would rather ship junk in unentered pot.

But we are likely getting it in bad in any case.

C'mon ranny you know this.
  • edited April 2012
    Easy fold your moe then likely to be dominated with a call and like dohhh said no fold equity 
  • edited April 2012
    If it were a min raise and the player had min-raise every hand from the cut-off while you were 4-handed then I think it's okay. But since I'm guessing this isn't the case it's a fold.

It's probably better to fold here and shove the very next hand from UTG.

I suspect that you need to look, not at the last hand you played but the last 25 hands you played. How did you end up with 9 big blinds?
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky roller - - to push or to fold:
    If it were a min raise and the player had min-raise every hand from the cut-off while you were 4-handed then I think it's okay. But since I'm guessing this isn't the case it's a fold. It's probably better to fold here and shove the very next hand from UTG. I suspect that you need to look, not at the last hand you played but the last 25 hands you played. How did you end up with 9 big blinds?
    Posted by jugglegeek
    I hate my shove, looking at it today :S

But anyway I was among the chip leaders to a certain point and then fell card/spot dead and just whittled.
    Throught the whole MTT I never see a pair, best hand AQ. So was chip leader at around the halfway point lolz - so wasn't doing too bad TYVM

From 30bb down I see three playable hands KJ,A10 and AQ, so annoying when you know players are going to be moving chips around and you just can't get involved - grrrrrrrrrrrrr even my wide opens were being 3 bet ;_(

• edited April 2012
    I'd rather fold and open shove ATC next hand, or let the blinds go through and shove any unopened pot in late position.

We have no fold equity here, ever. If villain makes it 1,200 then it's much closer.
  • edited April 2012
    I'd rather fold and open shove ATC next hand, or let the blinds go through and shove any unopened pot in late position. We have no fold equity here, ever. If villain makes it 1,200 then it's much closer.
    Posted by EvilPingu

Good example of loosing discipline/getting tired/frustrated and just saying KJ - good enough  - have it! Lets race - cross fingers )

Really annoying, my bad!

• edited April 2012
    I prefer fold really, unless u have more reads other then they are aggro. what range did u put them on?
  • edited April 2012
    I prefer fold really, unless u have more reads other then they are aggro. what range did u put them on?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

dis 22+,A7s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A7o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo
  • edited April 2012
    Well if u think u have his range well, then u are ahead of most of it.. so not a bad shove

if your range is jus a pure guess then, bare in mind he is rarely folding as played so u have to be sure u have good equity vs his range or a good idea of it 
  • edited April 2012

I prob wait myself and like a few have said shove ATC next.  Having said that I have in the past made the same shove as the villain had been stealing.  It came off but I kinda knew it was wrong & I was on a sweat!  Also, keep posting Ran as I learn a lot from your clinic hands (I mean that in a nice way btw!) The responses you get are really helpfu.

padl

• edited April 2012
    Easy fold for me.
  • edited April 2012
    wat so villain doesnt open worse than KJ 4 handed?

I prob fold, but I dont think its that bad. If we are always getting called I doubt we are always behind unless villain is a nit
  • edited April 2012
    wat so villain doesnt open worse than KJ 4 handed? I prob fold, but I dont think its that bad. If we are always getting called I doubt we are always behind unless villain is a nit
    Posted by grantorino
    Cheers GT, my initial thoughts were this but even though it's not teri bad - I should find a fold here considering open size and stage of MTT and it being the roller

• edited April 2012
    I am never folding here, shove or at the minimum ,call and see the flop!
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky roller - - to push or to fold : dis 22+,A7s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A7o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo
    Posted by rancid
    PokerStove says you are 48.3% vs this range
  • edited April 2012
    I am never folding here, shove or at the minimum ,call and see the flop!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Should never be calling 1/3rd of our stack, ever.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky roller - - to push or to fold : dis 22+,A7s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A7o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo
    Posted by rancid
    I think this range is far too wide. It's not as though he can't see your stack before he bets. He knows (or should know) that when he bets he's frequently going to be putting in 9BB and he's fine with it. I don't think that means he's opening with J9, Q9 or even 22 type hands. I think his range is narrower than that (or should be).
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky roller - - to push or to fold : I think this range is far too wide. It's not as though he can't see your stack before he bets. He knows (or should know) that when he bets he's frequently going to be putting in 9BB and he's fine with it. I don't think that means he's opening with J9, Q9 or even 22 type hands. I think his range is narrower than that (or should be).
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Pretty much spot on, oppo is capable enough to know the raise size will mean a call to my shove - so 100% I am behind me thinks - Obviously I didn't think this in game lolz

oppo called and showed A10

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky roller - - to push or to fold : I think this range is far too wide. It's not as though he can't see your stack before he bets. He knows (or should know) that when he bets he's frequently going to be putting in 9BB and he's fine with it. I don't think that means he's opening with J9, Q9 or even 22 type hands. I think his range is narrower than that (or should be).
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Big +1
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky roller - - to push or to fold : Big +1
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    ok ok ok I get it )