You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Too keen to get it in?

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancejaydizzlerSmall blind £0.02£0.02£7.70ill-logicBig blind £0.04£0.06£3.29 Your hole cardsAQ   ZedsDeadBaRaise £0.12£0.18£3.55THREE790Fold    K_Z_Fold    jaydizzlerFold    ill-logicCall £0.08£0.26£3.21Flop  JK5   ill-logicBet £0.04£0.30£3.17ZedsDeadBaCall £0.04£0.34£3.51Turn  10   ill-logicBet £0.04£0.38£3.13ZedsDeadBaRaise £0.36£0.74£3.15ill-logicRaise £0.64£1.38£2.49ZedsDeadBaRaise £1.60£2.98£1.55ill-logicAll-in £2.49£5.47£0.00ZedsDeadBaCall £1.21£6.68£0.34ill-logicShowKK   ZedsDeadBaShowAQ   River  10   ill-logicWinFull House, Kings and 10s£6.17 £6.17Thought he had a flush draw but by the time i was reraised I assumed a set. Should i just have called the reraise?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Is this a joke ?
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Too keen to get it in?:
    Is this a joke ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    you beat me to that reply

this hand wouldnt be an issue if you had won it. got money in with nuts v opponent drawing thin, what else is there to say
  • edited April 2012
    Is this a joke ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8

Fe-ck off then!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2012
    lol .............
  • edited April 2012
    What do you expect people to say? Fold to turn 3bet cos villain might outdraw you? Call and level yourself inot c/f river scarecard?

hand is fine,wp,ul
  • edited April 2012
    Guy is obv pulling your leg.
  • edited April 2012
    Shovel chips in middle..........put shirt over head.......run around the room like an aeroplane.......then smash laptop up when he outdraws you!

well played, unlucky zed. Dont let outdraws hit your confidence. You know how to play NL4, hit big, bet big, do it every time and win money. gl.
  • edited April 2012
    Shovel chips in middle..........put shirt over head.......run around the room like an aeroplane.......then smash laptop up when he outdraws you! well played, unlucky zed. Dont let outdraws hit your confidence. You know how to play NL4, hit big, bet big, do it every time and win money. gl.
    Posted by DrSharp
    The thing is Doc, I think I do know how to play NL4, but its this outcome, grinding away for a couple of hours for a small profit only to lose it all in the biggest pot of the session!

I know this is part of the game and I don't want to sound all whiney about it, but this has been going on for a year now and my bankroll is the same now as it was then. So I cant help but feel I'm still doing something wrong. 

I also understand the concept of downswings, but they cant go on forever, can they?????? ;o{

Anyway thanks for taking the time for a grown up response, I guess I feel a bit better for just talking about it.

Z. 
  • edited April 2012
    Heard of 2yr downswings.

Totally get how the downswing effects outlook, causing us to question even the most rational decisions - am assuming this is what was happening when opening this thread.

Hope it turns round for you.
  • edited April 2012
    Heard of 2yr downswings. Totally get how the downswing effects outlook, causing us to question even the most rational decisions - am assuming this is what was happening when opening this thread. Hope it turns round for you.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Thing is A, I don't KNOW if I've ever HAD an upswing, so I dont KNOW if this is a downswing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you know what I mean.

Strange game.
  • edited April 2012

Posting hands like this isn't going to improve your game. If you really want to seek advice I'd suggest that you post up some hands where you've got it in bad, hands when you think you've missed value with big hands and hands when you've made what you think are marginal or questionable folds/calls.

If you post hands like that, you can get some really helpful feedback. Alternatively you can just read other peoples posts on the clinic. All sorts of problems are posted here so you can learn alot by reading them, asking questions and offering your point of view. You really need to explain your thought processes in hands so other people can reinforce your good habits and rid you of your bad ones.