You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Darren Ferguson sacked?

edited November 2009 in The Shed
C an someone explain how a football club can get rid of a manager after he wins back to back promotions. maybe the 2nd promotion was a bit too early.

Hope they do go back down now......what a joke

Comments

• edited November 2009
    no sense in that decision. was he given money to help strengthen team? As big jump to go up twice in succession. You often see teams going up one division struggle but to do it 2 years running, without funds, then they would struggle.

Don't see him being out the game long. One of the better young managers around. Nice guy also.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Darren Ferguson sacked?:
    no sense in that decision. was he given money to help strengthen team? As big jump to go up twice in succession. You often see teams going up one division struggle but to do it 2 years running, without funds, then they would struggle. Don't see him being out the game long. One of the better young managers around. Nice guy also.
    Posted by Urdadi

top manager.....just like his dad......maybe the next Hull manager?
  • edited November 2009
    wouldn't be a bad choice for Hull.  Certainly could look at link up with Man U for some of their fringe players.

There were a lot of fans at Aberdeen very keen to see him come north like his dad did. Unfortunately no money for players and lack of ambition by board would not have been good for his career.

His dad was sacked by St Mirren and he had a great team their before he went to Aberdeen then Man Utd. I am sure this experience will make him stronger.
  • edited November 2009
    Can't see him being without a job for long.I bet a few chairmen are now wondering if they can improve their team with darren ferguson in charge.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Darren Ferguson sacked?:
    Can't see him being without a job for long.I bet a few chairmen are now wondering if they can improve their team with darren ferguson in charge.
    Posted by Any2Suited

ageed.......I think he's ready for a premiership team with ambition
  • edited November 2009
    Celtic or Rangers jobs might be available soon. nice stepping stone to premiership
  • edited November 2009
    what a ridiculous sacking....at least we're giving young Cloughie time
  • edited November 2009
    Apparently he had the audacity to speak to another club about a job!

Free market I don't think so

I think the chairman there has ideas above his station.

Posh's loss