You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL8 draw vs guy who i dont think is folding....

Ok, trying to get back on the horse so to speak after decorating and putting a new bathroom in before our new arrival decides to grace us with his presence. Making the most of my time now so started grinding again in the calm before the storm. :-D

Basically, this hand is the only one i had any reservations about in this mornings session. Its a drawing hand but reads on batfink tell me he has an ace and with his stack wont be folding. How do i play the streets here, i think i stationed myself. Should i shove flop despite me thinking this guy isnt folding because i think i am only approx 47% (check the math also please :-D).

Do i fold the turn?

Basically just a line check please guys, thanks alot.

Hand History #502622630 (09:09 07/04/2012)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
alanso Sit out     
humphry Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £6.23
AB1984 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £7.97
  Your hole cards
  • K

Time_Bomb Fold     
batfinkRaise  £0.16 £0.28 £2.34
DrSharp Call  £0.16 £0.44 £10.39
humphry Fold     
AB1984 Call  £0.08 £0.52 £7.89
Flop

• A
  • J

AB1984 Check     
batfinkBet  £0.39 £0.91 £1.95
DrSharp Call  £0.39 £1.30 £10.00
AB1984 Fold     
Turn

batfinkBet  £0.98 £2.28 £0.97
DrSharp Call  £0.98 £3.26 £9.02
River

• K

batfinkAll-in  £0.97 £4.23 £0.00
DrSharp ???

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I don't like the calling down route as the impied odds are pretty awful with his stacksize, turn especially is not good, he has half his stack in and odds for flush as you know make this bad. 

Looking at pre flop I fold here, shorty has 30bbs so just no wriggle room postflop and even when you hit draw like here you have hardly any FE. Also even if you hit TP when facing a lot of heat you will probz be calling down with worst hand dominated.

Flop you probz have 4 Q's plus heart outs but with zero FE I'd just fold as you will get LOADS better spots at NL8 than this IMO.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: NL8 draw vs guy who i dont think is folding....:
    I don't like the calling down route as the impied odds are pretty awful with his stacksize, turn especially is not good, he has half his stack in and odds for flush as you know make this bad.  Looking at pre flop I fold here, shorty has 30bbs so just no wriggle room postflop and even when you hit draw like here you have hardly any FE. Also even if you hit TP when facing a lot of heat you will probz be calling down with worst hand dominated. Flop you probz have 4 Q's plus heart outs but with zero FE I'd just fold as you will get LOADS better spots at NL8 than this IMO.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Have to agree with majority of that. Theres always at least one hand i feel i butchered in a session and this is the one today. Interesting analysis pre flop though, i'm in posn and its a min raise, is the call that bad? Did actually think about the 3-bet but his stack size dictated that was a big no no. lol.
  • edited April 2012
    If he was sat as deep as you it can be ok as you can make moves on some flops but 30bb effective makes it tough and -EV imo.

3betting though would be suicide at NL8 lol
  • edited April 2012
    that shallow jam flop and race