You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

For every bad beat....

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
There's this:

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedolphiSmall blind £0.02£0.02£4.09bigd351Big blind £0.04£0.06£6.77 Your hole cardsKA   PipunchRaise £0.28£0.34£5.45clubhammerFold    tman386Raise £1.24£1.58£2.04me2uu2meFold    dolphiFold    bigd351Fold    PipunchRaise £4.80£6.38£0.65tman386All-in £2.04£8.42£0.00PipunchUnmatched bet £1.80£6.62£2.45PipunchShowKA   tman386Show9K   Flop  25J   Turn  2   River  A   PipunchWinTwo Pairs, Aces and 2s£6.12 £8.57

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Ps i think i had a read on the guy - Stevie Wonder could have told he was shoving with pretty much any one face card in his hand so i can be fairly certain i took the right play on this one? :P
  • edited April 2012
  • edited April 2012
    There aren't many people at this level where I wouldn't get 50-60BB (whatever he had) in pre with AK
  • edited April 2012
    Whoops! Seriously though....with someone showing such aggression (let's assume i was readless) would it have been better to call and see a flop after such a huge raise?

Cause maybe it's me but if i'm putting so much on the line you better believe i've already got at least a premium pair. I know it's probably wrong to assume everyone else plays the same way.
  • edited April 2012
    Calling would be the worst option, in fact folding would be miles better than calling but at NL4 it's a snap shove.
  • edited April 2012
    Nope, never at this level.

If you call you've already put in about a third of what he had at the start of the hand. You can't really just see a flop and fold when you don't hit after calling a 31x raise lol.

I was serious in my post above, if they've got 50-60BB then I'm getting it in with AK happily all day long. The very fact they are sitting with that stack says something about their skill level. If they have AA/KK, it's just a cooler, but this is a very profitable situation
  • edited April 2012
    This level shove is good wp, there is a brag section :) 
  • edited April 2012
    Excellent. You guys are great. My logic is always 'well, i don't have a made hand and he could have a pair, so if i could possibly be behind then going all in is bad' but i'm sure from a situational (eg, the limit ability-level) and mathematical perspective it's all good?
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, basically without being nasty, the standard of player at this level is terrible and they could easily have AQ, AJ, A10 or worse Aces than that (all of which you're about 80% favourite to win). You're also a massive favourite over hands like KQ, KJ K10. Everyone once in a while he might have a pair but even still, as long as it's not AA or KK, you're still 50/50 to win.
  • edited April 2012
    Pairs are in his range, but his range also includes many hands you dominate of which there are more combinations.
  • edited April 2012
    Awesome. Sorry for being so 'noob'ish but i'm here to learn and i think the best way is to ask questions from people who're miles better than i am at reading the game. Thanks once again, i'll be posting more (probably when i've made a bad play) hands soon!