You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

4NL - Line Check

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Easy fold? And did I play it fine up until that point?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Avro Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.38
Lambert180 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £7.51
  Your hole cards

alumchine Fold        
Blizzard69 Fold        
antpaddy Fold        
Avro Call   £0.02 £0.08 £3.36
Lambert180 Check        
Flop

Avro Bet   £0.04 £0.12 £3.32
Lambert180 Raise   £0.28 £0.40 £7.23
Avro Call   £0.24 £0.64 £3.08
Turn

Avro Check        
Lambert180 Check        
River

• K

Avro Bet   £0.64 £1.28 £2.44
Lambert180 Fold        
Avro Muck        
Avro Win   £0.59   £3.03
Avro Return   £0.64 £0.05 £3.67

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Personally i would fold. The main reason is i hate playing pots where you're in the big blind and have a free shot at the pot. The reason for this is you never have any idea where you stand in the hand pre or post flop. At this level people will try and match your bets with Kx. Once again i'm no expert but i would have folded this, i'm sure someone else can give you better reasons why though!
  • edited April 2012
    Yep looks great, ugly turn. 
  • edited April 2012
    Well I'm NEVER folding pre when i have a free look at the flop. Why fold when you get a free chance to hit quads or a fullhouse or the nut straight.

And I'm never folding on the flop for a 1BB bet but I overbet the pot because I don't want him having the right odds to hit his straight. After theres an open ended 4 straight on the board, I shut down
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, I was disgusted to see that turn lol.
  • edited April 2012
    I'd bet the turn, assume you're ahead until you're told otherwise. Although it was a scary card for you, it may well have been a scary card for villain, all your check does is let him know you don't like it.
    If you bet and you get your answer, then fold but i think you could still throw in half pot on the turn.
    As played, I'd call the river, but i don't believe anyone

The 9 shouldn't be the scare card because if your opponent was looking for the str8 on the flop then the 9 is the card he would have, he may well just have 1 pair of nines by the end

The 10 would be the card to worry about, plus I think villain's betting out on the turn if he'd made it. 

It's possible he made the back door flush draw but I don't think he has the str8
  • edited April 2012
    Love overbetting the flop here

Turn card, throw up on your computer screen, and kick the cat. Having said that, the average 4NL fish probably leads turn thinking "Omg I has a straight!" - Either that, or he was setting you up for the check/min raise, 'cause nobody has seen that one before. Considering how many bad players will lead turn once they hit the straight, I think there's an argument for betting the turn, thinking we're ahead, to extract value from 1 pair hands and flush draws which may call and miss on the river, all of which may call a turn bet - This for me depends on the (in)competence of the villain, and what he does with the nuts/effective nuts, but is definitely something to consider.

River puts the flush out there too, pot bet looks horrifyingly value-y, so I think it's an easy fold on the river now, we're beating nothing.