You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AA early in MTT

edited November 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
Been waiting all night for a hand and get AA.

Blinds 200 / 400. One caller at 400, I am on BB.

All night someone goes all in and gets called.

I decide to bet 1k. and everyone, including the chap who bet 400 folds.

I was trying to narrow to 121.

How would you have played it to get paid?

Comments

• edited November 2009

Better to take down the blinds than having them beat.

You only bet 2.5 x bb so you could have tempted someone to call, but never worry about it, you could not really do much more than that.

A check may have been in order so you opponent can see a flop, but ultimately, this is playing with fire.

• edited November 2009
    Be happy you won and not ended up 4 way with 79o sucking out on you!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to AA early in MTT:
    Been waiting all night for a hand and get AA. Blinds 200 / 400. One caller at 400, I am on BB. All night someone goes all in and gets called. I decide to bet 1k. and everyone, including the chap who bet 400 folds. I was trying to narrow to 121. How would you have played it to get paid?
    Posted by Urdadi
    Here is ur answer.  Any player watching closely would see u generally folding every hand. Alarm bells would therefore start ringing once u enter a pot with a raise as its out of character. U may as well have typed in the chat box that u have a high pocket pair.
  • edited November 2009
    Didn't play it wrong really, you was just unlucky know-one else on the table had a decent hand.
  • edited November 2009

get  aa   i  dont  want  more  then two callers      be  happy u took  the  blinds   not  got  busted  out

• edited November 2009
    listen AA get busted, u talk about like its the dogs watsits,,,be happy with what you got ,ur only getting paid big, if someone comes with KK,,but what u do if someone calls u,,king on flop,,CAN U PUT AA DOWN?,,when he shoves?.....

Greed will kill u,,,dont be GREEDY......

harsh but true,,hope it helped.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: AA early in MTT:
    listen AA get busted, u talk about like its the dogs watsits,,,be happy with what you got ,ur only getting paid big, if someone comes with KK,,but what u do if someone calls u,,king on flop,,CAN U PUT AA DOWN?,,when he shoves?..... Greed will kill u,,,dont be GREEDY...... harsh but true,,hope it helped.
    Posted by brookbrid
    Greed good.

Seriously guys thanks for your advice.

Went out of the tournament about half way. AK, hit K on flop. Two callers.  I was raised to half my stake, twice BB, so not a big decision went for it. one club on flop, one on turn and another on river.  Yep you guessed it out to flush.

Felt sorry for the second player on the table as he had flush to K, He went out also as other player had flush to A. Almost tempted to put it into Area51 on behalf of the K flush, I would have been gutted.