You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT - KQ, TPGK facing 40bb donk shove

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
No reads on player, although don't recall anything like this previously.

Tourney is £1.10 £20 GTD

BoltofWeedSmall blind 20.0020.002218.00
xxMaxinexxBig blind 40.0060.001920.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

allinmikeyFold    
pp2322Fold    
FR33Call 40.00100.006065.00
Dudeskin8Raise 120.00220.001580.00
BoltofWeedFold    
xxMaxinexxCall 80.00300.001840.00
FR33Call 80.00380.005985.00
Flop

• Q

xxMaxinexxAll-in 1840.002220.000.00
FR33Fold    
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited April 2012
    That is an overbet if youve ever seen one!! , i think i make the call tho he could be doin it with anything i cant see him having AA KK as he just flatted pre unless he likes to play slow but id still rule that out

Im gunna say hes got sumit like J9 maybe qx n doesnt wanna see a 4th card to straight come out lol
  • edited April 2012
    pre I raise bigger 
    I call - he's probz doing this with pair+straight/flushdraw
  • edited April 2012
    On the raise size I often make it smaller in spots like this where I'm IP and also fairly shallow, so post flop play costs less if I miss, would you say this is wrong thinking ?
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: MTT - KQ, TPGK facing 40bb donk shove:
    On the raise size I often make it smaller in spots like this where I'm IP and also fairly shallow, so post flop play costs less if I miss, would you say this is wrong thinking ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    In a vacuum I always say "Make it 3x plus 1BB for every limper", blah, blah, blah... but if you think they're always calling, why would you want to do that with KQ? I think you're exactly right, make it smaller and take it away from them on the flop...

In this case, we know that good players don't make the donk-shove so obviously this player isn't too good. Trying to define her range is going to be like nailing jelly to the wall. The only thing I'd say is that whatever she turns over isn't going to surprise me. I probably fold and wait to catch her out with a bigger hand later. Calling now would be a high variance play, against a player whom we probably have an enormous edge on. We should be able to whittle away at her stack in a more controlled manner... but we could be moved away from them at any moment, I suppose.
  • edited April 2012

A call is fine too. I just feel like you're going to see two-pairs alot, or combo draws that we're not a favourite against. I should probably just say "I dunno"... Good luck making your decision. lol

• edited April 2012
    3 to a flop in micro BI, I pass.

Even bad players make good moves at times.  Think alot of 2pr/made hands ship here.  What isnt made we draw thin vs.  Nrly 50 bigs behind?  Think we can find a better spot

But then again worse & blocked draws do this.....  Myeh dont hate a call. 

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: MTT - KQ, TPGK facing 40bb donk shove:
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    If we are doing it with junk also is fine.