You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POKER CLINIC 12TH APRIL 2012

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi All,

Please post your hands to be analysed on this thread if you would like us to view them on Thursday nights Poker Clinic at 8pm. All comments/feedback are welcome on all the hands that are posted.

VERY IMPORTANT!
We can only show hands from tables or tournaments with a TV icon next to them.
We also need you to tell us straight off which tournament or table the hand is from, as the hand i.d. on its own takes too long for our team to find.

All the best

TV Team

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Can you please analsye this hand for me please from the Super Roller.  I had pocket 9s and flopped a set bet big on all streets to get max value.  Would like to ask the panel what they thought of my bet sizing and could i have got any more value here. £25k Super Roller Hand id is 503359037
  • edited April 2012
    Hi. Just wanted to know if i should be reraising pre flop here or playing the hand as i did.

I am new to all forms of online poker but have taken on board alot of what i have seen and heard on the show and try to show strength in certain situations if i feel my opponant is showing weakness or if i know they are the type of player i may be able to push off a hand and not the type of player who wont fold no matter what.

However i find mid to highish pockets pairs very hard to play pre flop if i am facing a reraise and never seem to know exactly what to do.

My opponant in this hand seems to know exactly what he is doing and after playing v him for quite a while i had worked out that he would be able to make big laydowns etc hence the reason i played the hand the way i did, but i was wondering if i might have been better off reraising pre rather than putting myself in the spot i was in ?

The actual reason i didnt reraise pre was because he had raised me from in the blinds so i felt he may have a strong hand and i didnt want to be fliping pre at best or raise folding.

Hand number 501797253

TY

Daz
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: POKER CLINIC 12TH APRIL 2012:
    Hi. Just wanted to know if i should be reraising pre flop here or playing the hand as i did. I am new to all forms of online poker but have taken on board alot of what i have seen and heard on the show and try to show strength in certain situations if i feel my opponant is showing weakness or if i know they are the type of player i may be able to push off a hand and not the type of player who wont fold no matter what. However i find mid to highish pockets pairs very hard to play pre flop if i am facing a reraise and never seem to know exactly what to do. My opponant in this hand seems to know exactly what he is doing and after playing v him for quite a while i had worked out that he would be able to make big laydowns etc hence the reason i played the hand the way i did, but i was wondering if i might have been better off reraising pre rather than putting myself in the spot i was in ? The actual reason i didnt reraise pre was because he had raised me from in the blinds so i felt he may have a strong hand and i didnt want to be fliping pre at best or raise folding. Hand number 501797253 TY Daz
    Posted by _ARAZI_

The table was action table 24 on 05/04/12 at 18.31 cheers
  • edited April 2012
    Another hand for you from action table 24 on 05/04/12 at 18.06

I wasnt involved in the hand but when the guy told me what he had folded i thought it might be worth sending into the show to see what your thoughts were on it.

Daz
  • edited April 2012
    Hand Id: 503423978 in the 25k super roller at 22:31

Was this hand played ok?

When Q comes on river, Should i be going bust here almost all the time? I only called as had one of them strong gut feelings that i thought i was behind... Also was this good play as i was behind and kept my chips and went onto cash in 7th :) or was it bad play i should of gone bust.
  • edited April 2012
    Hand History #503997197 (01:22 10/04/2012)

table name was crewe

everyone one clinic said I should be calling but ma reads on opponent was he was a very tight aggro player and think he knew i had a strong hand so way he played it I thought i was beat but maybe I over thought it.

but please put me out my misery lol.
  • edited April 2012
    Hi. Just wanted to know if i should be reraising pre flop here or playing the hand as i did. I am new to all forms of online poker but have taken on board alot of what i have seen and heard on the show and try to show strength in certain situations if i feel my opponant is showing weakness or if i know they are the type of player i may be able to push off a hand and not the type of player who wont fold no matter what. However i find mid to highish pockets pairs very hard to play pre flop if i am facing a reraise and never seem to know exactly what to do. My opponant in this hand seems to know exactly what he is doing and after playing v him for quite a while i had worked out that he would be able to make big laydowns etc hence the reason i played the hand the way i did, but i was wondering if i might have been better off reraising pre rather than putting myself in the spot i was in ? The actual reason i didnt reraise pre was because he had raised me from in the blinds so i felt he may have a strong hand and i didnt want to be fliping pre at best or raise folding. Hand number 501797253 TY Daz
    Posted by _ARAZI_

Just letting you know that this hand was shown on thursdays show.

Just to stop you showing it twice :)
  • edited April 2012
    Hand History #503997197 (01:22 10/04/2012) table name was crewe everyone one clinic said I should be calling but ma reads on opponent was he was a very tight aggro player and think he knew i had a strong hand so way he played it I thought i was beat but maybe I over thought it. but please put me out my misery lol.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Hi,

Thank you for your post,
    We can only show hands from tables with the TV icon, if you do have any hands which have this icon, please do post them on the thread.

All the best

TV TEAM

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: POKER CLINIC 12TH APRIL 2012 : Hi, Thank you for your post, We can only show hands from tables with the TV icon, if you do have any hands which have this icon, please do post them on the thread. All the best TV TEAM
    Posted by SkyPokerTV
    is there no way at all that hand can be shown I have all the information if needed plus I really want to know if I was right on my decision lol