You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hit n run is ORFUL etiquette imo

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
You know who you are lol

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I agree O.  This is the worst kind of etiquette.  I think this is worse than mouthing off in the chat box! 
  • edited November 2009
    When I Win a big pot I Will always stay at the table for a good while after, not because its good etiquette but because I hope the player goes chasing hisher money back, making it easier to get even more out of him/her
  • edited November 2009
     I must admit to having done it once. I had a great read on this one player and after i had taken a big pot off him he left the table. So i left as well and stalked him to another table and carried on taking from him.

Although this would be regarded as bad etiquette to hit and run, we as people are not obliged to give other players the chance to win their money back. It is normally something i would not do but it is part of what happens in the game and therefore something we must grudgingly accept
  • edited November 2009
    Some people get a good leg up doing this and once it's in the middle it's no longer your money i'm affraid, can't say i haven't fumed about somebody doing this to me but we just have to accept and move on lol. I've seen guys go half stacked to tables too high for their bankroll and wait for 1 hand. They get it in, double up and are gone immediatly. Why? because neither their game or BR can handle the swing at that size of table but 1 double through and back to their normal game gives their BR a healthy kick (or stuffs it depending on how the hand turns out lol)
  • edited November 2009
    I take it from the title this is something to do with last nights PTP?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Hit n run is ORFUL etiquette imo:
    You know who you are lol
    Posted by OMahonyO

Lol- oMahoney is referring to me , hence the 'orful' etiquette!

I was on Play The Presenter last night which starts at 7pm. For the first half an hour I always pick a mid-range cash table and chill out with the guys there before the main mtts. When I sit down I always tell everyone that I'll be leaving at 7.30 on the dot to start the £300 Deepstack. In these 30 minute cash sessions I usually end up with about the same money as I sat down with, give or take a few quid.

So there I was on the 10p/20p table yesterday where I stuck £20 on it and proceeded to fold my way through the first 15 minutes.

Suddenly I turrned into an absolute card rack, doubled up and minutes later at 7.30...I was off, as promised!!!

If it was a hit and run, I can assure you it was a very polite one! lol.
  • edited November 2009
    Surely you play to take money off others in the cash games. So why if you win would you want to let them have a chance to get it back?
    It's not something i've ever done but it happens lots and it's not against the rules, it's just the way some people prefer to play.
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah, was only messing.  For those interested see below. Hope you dont mind rich. NH
    OMahonyO Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £22.70
    RICHORFORD Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £19.07
      Your hole cards
    • A

sharky9999 Fold        
    Kevwinsome Fold        
    OMahonyO Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £22.10
    RICHORFORD Call   £0.50 £1.40 £18.57
    Flop

• K

OMahonyO Bet   £1.05 £2.45 £21.05
    RICHORFORD Raise   £3.60 £6.05 £14.97
    OMahonyO Raise   £8.40 £14.45 £12.65
    RICHORFORD All-in   £14.97 £29.42 £0.00
    OMahonyO All-in   £12.65 £42.07 £0.00
    OMahonyO Unmatched bet   £3.53 £38.54 £3.53
    OMahonyO Show
    • A

RICHORFORD Show

Turn

River

RICHORFORD Win Two Pairs, 4s and 3s £36.74   £36.74
  • edited November 2009
    Then p000f, he was gone lol
  • edited November 2009

The boy is learning, innit.
  • edited November 2009
    Generally when i play cash I have a figure in my head I want to get to for what ever reason, when I get to it I leave, whether it be after 1 big pot or a series of small pots. At the end of the day cash is about leaving when your ahead imo
  • edited November 2009

To be fair to Rich Orford, he has no experience of hit & run, as he's never been in profit before.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Hit n run is ORFUL etiquette imo:
    Generally when i play cash I have a figure in my head I want to get to for what ever reason, when I get to it I leave, whether it be after 1 big pot or a series of small pots. At the end of the day cash is about leaving when your ahead imo
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I can't understand this kind of thinking.  By saying ill leave when I double up or whatever you don't allow yourself to take advantage of a big stack or having the possibility of being 200bbs deep with other players at the table.

The only time it is kind of understandable is when you have moved up to a new level and want to build your roll in a safe way.

But in general when you are winning pots and running good you should open more tables and play for longer.  

• edited November 2009
    i usually hit and run, why on earth not, im tryin make money, ill do what ever i have to without cheating.
  • edited November 2009
     OMahonyORaise £8.40£14.45£12.65

Why did you opt for this raise size OMO.  Surely with your hand, only being 100bb deep surely theres no point in raising to this amount as you aren't getting value from a call...IMO ARRRRR IN.

• edited November 2009
    The boy is learning, innit.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I seem to remeber a lesson you taught Rich last night with your ace 8 all in against rich's ace ten.

Flopped a FH If I remember to put Mr Orford out.

In the same game, you turned and rivered a jack to make trips to beat a pocket pair.

The best was you flopped quads against Vince in the deepstack.

I was already on my way to area 51.

Card Rack???????

Then you had the nerve to make a 'tilt all in' when you were a monster chip leader.

Massive fun though.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Hit n run is ORFUL etiquette imo : I seem to remeber a lesson you tought Rich last night with your ace 8 all in against rich's ace ten. Flopped a FH If I remember to put Mr Orford out. In the same game, you turned and rivered a jack to make trips to beat a pocket pair. The best was you flopped quads against Vince in the deepstack. I was already on my way to area 51. Card Rack??????? Then you had the nerve to make a 'tilt all in' when you were a monster chip leader. Massive fun though.
    Posted by Hale72
    Are you referring to last nites £500 VELOCITY? if you are what a great final 2 tables it was.I railed all the way to heads up where DIGGERMAN took it down.That was a really great tourny last night wp all
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Hit n run is ORFUL etiquette imo : I seem to remeber a lesson you tought Rich last night with your ace 8 all in against rich's ace ten. Flopped a FH If I remember to put Mr Orford out. In the same game, you turned and rivered a jack to make trips to beat a pocket pair. The best was you flopped quads against Vince in the deepstack. I was already on my way to area 51. Card Rack??????? Then you had the nerve to make a 'tilt all in' when you were a monster chip leader. Massive fun though.
    Posted by Hale72
    Yup, the old tikay tilt all-in. With Aces.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Hit n run is ORFUL etiquette imo : Are you referring to last nites £500 VELOCITY? if you are what a great final 2 tables it was.I railed all the way to heads up where DIGGERMAN took it down.That was a really great tourny last night wp all
    Posted by dav1964
    Yes, sorry, TK's quads were in Velocity not the deepie.

He put Rich out in the DYM.

The finla table on the velocity was a joy to watch. Very pleasant atmosphere.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Hit n run is ORFUL etiquette imo : Yes, sorry, TK's quads were in Velocity not the deepie. He put Rich out in the DYM. The finla table on the velocity was a joy to watch. Very pleasant atmosphere.
    Posted by Hale72
    Not for me, I was still sulking at exiting 9th. I Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Raised Pre-Flop with K-K & got Called in TWO Spots - by Ten-Ten & Q-J! 

Never been so insulted in my life. I was repping the made flush minimum.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Hit n run is ORFUL etiquette imo : Yes, sorry, TK's quads were in Velocity not the deepie. He put Rich out in the DYM. The finla table on the velocity was a joy to watch. Very pleasant atmosphere.
    Posted by Hale72
    Thanks for reminding me about this. I had completely forgotten about it, honestly.
    Now you've gone and made a grown man cry - I hope you're proud of yourself. ;-)
    My K4 had his 88 crushed until the flop came - I was sooted too.

Yes, it was the Velocity, although, to be fair, it is difficult to tell the difference if you're watching the way I play.
  • edited November 2009
    Why did you opt for this raise size OMO.  Surely with your hand, only being 100bb deep surely theres no point in raising to this amount as you aren't getting value from a call...IMO ARRRRR IN.
    Posted by scotty77
    Good point.  If I was to play the hand again I would probably opt for all in.  I was quite happy at the time to get both stacks in here and thought at the time this was the best way to go about it, as, in my mind he was never calling this raise, only folding or shoving
  • edited November 2009
    I really cant see the problem. A player can come and go as they please. If i went on a table with say £10 and that was the average, and i won say £25, in 2 hands, whats wrong with leaving.If they did it to me would i be bothered - no not at all, after all they could have lost their pot. I dont even think its bad etiquette,unless say your in someones house for the night, then it would be bad, but on line na
  • edited November 2009
    Then p000f, he was gone lol
    Posted by OMahonyO

What are you trying to say? lol
  • edited November 2009
    did  not  think  u  was  an  hit  and  run  player  rich