You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE SATS INTO THE 2K DEEPSTACK ON SUNDAYS

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
hi guys and girls following my previous thread on this subject i would like to conduct a starw poll and see if we can get some satelittes running into the big 2k deepstack on Sundays please let us know your opinions below many thanks lets hope player power can win the day

Comments

• edited November 2009
    i would love to see them as i cant afford the £110(i think its that much) buy-in,but would love to play.
  • edited November 2009
    YES YOU ARE CORRECT IT IS £110 BUY IN
  • edited November 2009
    Mab, they had sats for this every Sunday but no one ever played them.  One week I had to play 4 of them and win to get enough cash to play in the £110.  They had a semi on as well I think on a Sat that never got many runners.  I think that it is a good idea but I dont think it is Skys fault if no one plays them, they will take them off.
  • edited November 2009
    thats the idea behind this thread to try and raise awareness thanks shann oh nice outdraw bye the way lol
  • edited November 2009
    dont need fish,,nice as it is thanks...save up and play once a month...
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE SATS INTO THE 2K DEEPSTACK ON SUNDAYS:
    Posted by brookbrid
    I think that is a terrible thing to say, not everyone has a large bankroll, and just because a player doesnt have the money does not make him/her a fish, and by the same token, just because a player has the money does'nt mean he/she is good. Maybe some of the regulars in this tourny are worried about more competition, and before i get moaned at i dont include myself in the good player category so there!
  • edited November 2009
    Of course there should be sats for it as sky offers sats for all it's other larger buy-in tournaments if i'm not mistaken.

However maybe sky should change the structure for this sat. The normal 1 in 5 sat isn't going to work as some people won't pay £22+fee as this is the buy-in they are normally tryin to sat in to for £4.80 or whatever it is? Does that make sense?

Make the sat structure 1 in 10, or infact prob 1 in 20 would suit the players wanting to sat better as the buy-in is roughly the same.

Of course this will change when sky FINALLY introduce re-buy tounaments as when this is applied to sats of course the prizepool greatly increases.
  • edited November 2009
    I liked the 1 in 5 stts that used to exist for this.. bring them back too!
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Mark.
    I was looking for the quallies the other day and couldn't find them. Sky used to have them and no-one played in them to be fair.
    This tourney is a little lost, in my opinion. It was put in as it was requested and it's struggling to make the guarantee most weeks. The reason i think it's lost is that at 1 in 5, its £22 to get in. If you have £22 to invest i feel most will play the £22 D/S, with the top 6 getting paid, its good quality and there is a reasonable chance to get a return (even if a low return).
    If you make this 1 in 10, or 1 in 20 then i would think that actually the qualification will be really hard and then that would put people off.
    Re-buys may well be the answer (1 seat for every £110), or use a premium 8pm tourney and take £600 or so out of the prize pool and give, as part of the prize, 5 seats to the Sunday tournie (Maybe the new Double stack would be ideal for this). This would raise the profile of the sunday game and increase the numbers.
  • edited November 2009
    me, I registered for 5 though and all of them were cancelled so...
  • edited November 2009
    I totally agree i dont have a bad bankroll but would like to see some higher numbers in this to make it more of a game for regulars not just a few who at least one seems to think he is superior to the rest of us which isnt true imo i play good standard high entry live tourneys on a regular basis so i for one resent the inuendo that because i choose to sat in rather than shell out the 110 in one hit doesnt make me a fish and the coments are laughable
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE SATS INTO THE 2K DEEPSTACK ON SUNDAYS:
    Posted by brookbrid
    Ugh.