You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tight fold in the mini bh correct?

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
opinions on this fold please
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
TheDent Small blind   75.00 75.00 2742.50
jams88 Big blind   150.00 225.00 9595.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

amenicou15 Fold        
awhiteviol Call   150.00 375.00 1985.00
arthur1965 All-in   8808.75 9183.75 0.00
TheDent Fold        
jams88 Fold        
awhiteviol All-in   1985.00 11168.75 0.00

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Wow lol

ANY reads would be helpful, has he been open shoving a lot, this the only time ?

58bbs is a lot at this stage and probz in flip at best, unless of course he's a nutter who could have ATC.

I prob sigh fold but not sure.
  • edited April 2012
    Recently moved to this table so no real read on player. Thinking im likely flipping for pretty much my tourny life is i call so folded for a better spot
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Tight fold in the mini bh correct?:
    Recently moved to this table so no real read on player. Thinking im likely flipping for pretty much my tourny life is i call so folded for a better spot
    Posted by jams88
    Of course it is a BH so people play weird sometimes lol but TOTALLY readless I just don't feel happy getting it in here, 20-30bbs defo but almost 60....

Many I'm sure will come on now say snap call etc but thats just too high variance for me, again maybe I'm wrong in that though process.
  • edited April 2012
    would probably break my mouse snapping fwiw.
  • edited April 2012
    I probably snap it off with JJ. So many bad players do this with small pairs and hands like A9/AT/AJ that they want to play but don't know how to play down the streets with, and JJ plays brilliantly against that sort of range. Sometimes you'll see AK/AQ and be flipping, or an overpair, but I think most of the time we'll be a massive favourite and it's correct to call long term.

Ask yourself: What hands don't we want to see here - AA/KK/QQ. Anything else we're not too bothered about as we're flipping or ahead. How often do you see people open shove 50bb+ with those hands? Hardly ever.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm snapping that one.  The range is usually 66-JJ and AJ+

Seems like a good spot for us to take a bounty and have a nice fat stack.
  • edited April 2012
    Out of interest if we do call here how deep do we need to be for it not be a call?
  • edited April 2012
    We can find some reasons to fold.....

But is virtually always going to b 99< & lower
  • edited April 2012
    snap - always a bad hand -

disclaimer

doesn't mean they will not hit a Q on the river when they hold the monster that is Q10s