You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Analysing hands

edited April 2012 in Sky Poker Live
     In my opinion, when hands are analysed, being able to see all the other players' cards is great, BUT i would prefer to NOT see the cards, and have the pros/analysts tell us what they would be thinking in terms of the hand as if they were playing it.
     It always seems so easy to play Hold'em when you can see all the cards: you can say UTG - fold; UTG+1 - fold; hands should fold to the BB who should raise given his hand.
     I want to know what Redmond Lee or Julian Thew etc. would be thinking if they had the heroes cards and couldnt see the villains cards. So we could hear their thought processes/reasons for actions street by street and bet by bet, then reveal the cards at the end.
     So many times when calling/reraising, then missing flops or cards on the turn, the villain bets and i dont know what to do now. In short, it would help better IMO with hand reading, to only show the cards at the end.
     Sorry for this being so wordy, or for misspelling anyone's name.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    We do something similar, not hiding hands, but looking at thought processing during Analyse My Play. This is on ever Sunday at 8pm.

We are changing the look of the onscreen table graphic by using some new technology available to us since the studio move. One this is all completed would be great to do as you said and hide some of the cards to get a 'how I would play it' from the experts.

Thanks for the feedback!