You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash - Turning QQ into a bluff

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I think this is a good spot to turn QQ into a bluff but I'm open to be corrected, not completely sure.  Villain could be second barrelling after stabbing the flop and we're ahead but as we're multiway to the flop it's a bad spot to take a stab for him, I think he's finding out where his KJ-KQ is.  Turn is a good card for us.  I'm trying to rep AA, KK, AK or a big ace that has floated the weak bet on the flop.  Not sure if this is a big enough range to represent.  Sizing on turn might be a tad small as well.

Thoughts on all welcome as well as the over riding point, is it a good spot to turn QQ into a bluff?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
nite_owl55 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £140.83
sikas Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £199.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

corbett04 Fold     
TommyD Raise  £3.00 £4.50 £242.66
TonyPNuts Call  £3.00 £7.50 £45.67
Villain Call  £3.00 £10.50 £124.20
nite_owl55 Fold     
sikas Call  £2.00 £12.50 £197.00
Flop

• K

sikas Check     
TommyD Check     
TonyPNuts Check     
Villain Bet  £4.00 £16.50 £120.20
sikas Fold     
TommyD Call  £4.00 £20.50 £238.66
TonyPNuts Fold     
Turn

• A

TommyD Check     
Villain Bet  £5.00 £25.50 £115.20
TommyD Raise  £20.00 £45.50 £218.66

Comments

• edited April 2012
    meh we have no outs when we are wrong.

man up and call 3 here imo. i'd bet the flop, though I always normally start by betting lol

edit to confirm to be c/c c/r Kxx A we are saying we think he's bluffing alot so us having JT or something is fine cos when he has a hand we can get there etc. as is with QQ if we think he's bluffing lets catch that bluff and potentially let him bluff off moar against our weak looking hand....
  • edited April 2012
    i think your hand is probably too good to turn it into a bluff.

• edited April 2012
    Hes a fish right! looks like a 10, or kj,kq as you said, i think i would c/c this in a vacuum its not bad considering his bet sizes and we have some SD value. Don't really bluff fish often but i think its a good spot to take a stab, but its a case of getting him to fold a kx ovb, so you might need two streets to get him to fold esp with kq, kj.

Your turn re-raise is too big imo just means if he calls then you will have a tricky river or forces you to shut down or bluff big, if you re-raise to ~14 you have a cheaper barrel on the river if you'd wish to bluff again, or just give up having invested v little.

• edited April 2012
    I like play, but I think you have to be prepared to bluff river too.

• edited April 2012
    u dont rep AA,KK or AK

dont hate it but your line looks weird if he has any sort of handreading skills, if he doesnt you prob shouldnt bluff him