You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

STATS!

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
ok, i think im starting to get to grips with my starting range now. in the not so distant past i was playing lets say quite a wide range and thinking i can out play people down the streets, unfortunatly when i move up to nl50 i am getting cruxified a)due to having this mentality still and b) playing less tables at a time and getting a little bored.
yesterday i had 8 hrs of playing in 4 sessions, playing mostly nl20 with a few 30 and 40s in there for good measure.
had 2 very good sessions and 2 not so good, but ended up about £140.
going back over my biggest winning/losing hands there was a marked difference in my starting hands NOT LEVELS i was playing. im not going to bore you with all the hands but the hands where i won 1+bin =  aj aa 77 ak 77 1010 ak 88 aa. the losing 1+ bins= q8 89 qk ak ak qk.
i know in the past i have been told by a few that my range is too wide, but sometimes you just have to sit down and work it out for yourself!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    To be honest, I think you'd need a much much larger sample size than 8 hours play. You could'v been running really good/bad on most of the big hands you won/lost.

You're obviously going about it the right way though :)
  • edited April 2012
    your def right die hard, does need to be a much larger sample. it was more the fact that you can lead a horse to water but he gotta want to drink!!
  • edited April 2012
    wait until you get a few thousand hands, if there's anyway you can track hands on sky that's good because otherwise it's quite hard to review your play
  • edited April 2012
    i do go over my hands at the end of most sessions percival , until now though i have been looking at my play rather than my starting range. obviously im only going over hands which are 1/2 bin + win/losses, but it has given me food for thought.