You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

out of position

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
table been playing fast and loose for the 10 mins i been on it, what now (i think i chose wrong option)
pod1Small blind £0.10£0.10£19.33
teddy991Big blind £0.20£0.30£22.14
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

GaryPlayerRaise £0.60£0.90£12.44
Stew1Fold    
gte9943Call £0.60£1.50£8.34
TheCats86Fold    
pod1Call £0.50£2.00£18.83
teddy991Fold    
Flop

• J

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Probably 3bet pre most of the time willing to get it in as they're both quite short for a cash game. 

Flop check raise.
  • edited April 2012
    could this not let them have a free card? what happened to making them pay for draws!!
  • edited April 2012
    3bet/call all in pre.

Ch/(hope they bet lol)Raise all in as played.

Donk betting ok there too I'd say - pre-raiser may well go all in for you to call.
  • edited April 2012
    It depends how often they cbet, if they've been 'fast and loose' I presume someone will take a stab then when you C/R it looks like you have big draw on that board. 

Betting out is an option if they're really aggro and will see your bet as weak but most times think it's better to let them cbet as they could just fold to your donkbet if they have air. 
  • edited April 2012
    Once we flat w/ JJ oop we are basically saying we want to play a smaller pot esp vs these stack sizes which is ok.

Personally I 3bet to induce a shove from shorter stack.

But then we get this flop.  We are going to get called so light when we open.

Fire flop for vl vs drawing hands. 

Reassess turn if club falls.  But we should still go for value on flop regardless.
  • edited April 2012
    went down the "make them pay for their draw"line , kinda backfired lol
    pod1Small blind £0.10£0.10£19.33
    teddy991Big blind £0.20£0.30£22.14
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

GaryPlayerRaise £0.60£0.90£12.44
    Stew1Fold    
    gte9943Call £0.60£1.50£8.34
    TheCats86Fold    
    pod1Call £0.50£2.00£18.83
    teddy991Fold    
    Flop

• J

pod1All-in £18.83£20.83£0.00
    GaryPlayerAll-in £12.44£33.27£0.00
    gte9943Fold    
    pod1Unmatched bet £6.39£26.88£6.39
    pod1Show
    • J
    • J

GaryPlayerShow
    • A

Turn

River

• Q

GaryPlayerWinFlush to the Ace£25.53 £25.53
  • edited April 2012
    (i think i chose wrong option)

It didn't really make much difference did it lol
  • edited April 2012
    u had outs ) no need for the overbet though
  • edited April 2012
    Anything but that!!! lol :(
  • edited April 2012
    i hate your all in what do u expect to get called by ? with this all in your only getting called by a flush imo 
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: out of position:
    i hate your all in what do u expect to get called by ? with this all in your only getting called by a flush imo 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    i disagree players call with the ace or king of clubs even though its a donk call. Its 124/1 to flop the flush so if hes got it good luck to him and you still have outs to win the hand. In this case he was very unlucky imo
  • edited April 2012
    by shoving you'll still get called by worse but you're making so many hands fold that you're beating
    by all means make them pay to draw but a shove is a bit extreme! shoving £18 into a £2 pot is bad play, if it was vs a super short stack then it'd be ok. a donk bet of around £1.70 sounds good to me, and you're obv gonna call any shove. Or another line you could take is c/r, but I prefer donking here
  • edited April 2012
    LOL why would you EVER do that ?
  • edited April 2012
    If the pot is bigger on flop is fine but firing 10x pot?
  • edited April 2012

3b and get it in pre

c/r flop

dont jam 6x pot without massive reads

• edited April 2012
    well pacificjoe has got my thinking (please tell me your ivy, or durrr playing on sky ). chances of him having the flush is very small and the massive over bet looks so weak that even jc, qc  let alone the  k or a
    the bit i dont understand is that a few people have said to 3 bet pre and to call/induce an allin with jj  giving me just 2 cards to improve my hand, yet now im ahead (apart from a very long shot) with 11 outs (ish) to improve, its not good to get my money in.
  • edited April 2012
    well pacificjoe has got my thinking (please tell me your ivy, or durrr playing on sky ). chances of him having the flush is very small and the massive over bet looks so weak that even jc, qc  let alone the  k or a the bit i dont understand is that a few people have said to 3 bet pre and to call/induce an allin with jj  giving me just 2 cards to improve my hand, yet now im ahead (apart from a very long shot) with 11 outs (ish) to improve, its not good to get my money in.
    Posted by pod1
    dont think anyone said not to get your money in on flop, they said not to massively donk for 6x pot

if you get it in pre you wont need to improve a lot of the time
  • edited April 2012
    fair enough on your first point gt but i beg to differ on your 2nd. i may be wrong but getting stacks in pre i would say im behind with jj more times than im ahead.
  • edited April 2012
    fair enough on your first point gt but i beg to differ on your 2nd. i may be wrong but getting stacks in pre i would say im behind with jj more times than im ahead.
    Posted by pod1
    Maybe, but you will have usually have enough equity to call a shove and they will flat your 3bet with worse lots. I dont really mind flatting pre too much, but against shortys Im usually bumping it up readless
  • edited April 2012