You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what your thoughts in this hand guys?

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
some info on the opponent really tight aggro player played with him a few time in last couple of days everytime he showed his hand he has had the goods.plus does not get carried away with one pair also one hand he check called river with the 3rd nuts againist a very loose player and lost the minium. also I know i should not limp in from sb but it was quite loose table and thought take a look lolPlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceliamboi11Small blind £0.05£0.05£35.18villianBig blind £0.10£0.15£10.82 Your hole cards5J   biggliddCall £0.10£0.25£3.94fowler0775Call £0.10£0.35£4.91emo_bratFold    ramprat242Fold    liamboi11Call £0.05£0.40£35.13villianCheck    Flop  255   liamboi11Bet £0.30£0.70£34.83villianRaise £0.80£1.50£10.02biggliddFold    fowler0775Fold    liamboi11Call £0.50£2.00£34.33Turn  8   liamboi11Check    villainBet £1.50£3.50£8.52liamboi11Call £1.50£5.00£32.83River  10   liamboi11Check    villianAll-in £8.52£13.52£0.00liamboi11Fold    villianMuck    villianWin £4.62 £4.62GFKIJKLLReturn £8.52£0.38£13.14

Comments

• edited April 2012
    also don`t know if this makes a difference he started and with over 100bbs and I have over 300bbs
  • edited April 2012
    You left his name in, I've played against this guy a bit and he will make moves, well he does against me anyway:). Not sure whether he was on tilt at the time. He seems to be pretty tight with most people though. 
  • edited April 2012
    Preflop - You've touched on this but I hate the complete/limp pre from the small.  Just fold.

I'm never folding on the end, purely because we cover parts of the Vil's value range with that shove as well as all bluffs.  We beat some other fives which he could easily be betting like this.

Put it this way, if we have voluntarily put money into the pot with J5, make trips and there is no flush or straight out there by the river, I'm not folding.
  • edited April 2012
    Woweyy im never folding there not a hope! to be honest id actually raise that river everytime! the way hes played the hand it has to be over pair surely! or maybe a5 but thats the way id have played it
  • edited April 2012
    Defo fold pre in worset position.

River you have to call, if he has better 5 just cooler. 
  • edited April 2012

You say the table is loose but this player is very tight so not very good limping in here with J5 suited your basically looking to hit trips on the flop of a flush draw. As you hit your miracle trips and decided to check call i dont see how you are not calling the river. Tbh i think you should be leading straight out as a value bet on the river. If you raise pre you would be in a better posistion to give the villain a range allowing you to reevaluate the river far better

• edited April 2012
    I lead the flop and got raised and imo this guy not doin this without a 5 imo,pots the turn and then he overshoves river he is doin this 4 value and must no by this point i have a strong hand.

I`d be interested if the villian put me out my misery and post on the thread and prove if my reads were spot on or well off I understand if he doesn`t and like to say sorry for leavin his name in at the hand it was an error.

also I know i should have folded pre my bad lol .
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: what your thoughts in this hand guys?:
    I lead the flop and got raised and imo this guy not doin this without a 5 imo,pots the turn and then he overshoves river he is doin this 4 value and must no by this point i have a strong hand.   I`d be interested if the villian put me out my misery and post on the thread and prove if my reads were spot on or well off I understand if he doesn`t and like to say sorry for leavin his name in at the hand it was an error. also I know i should have folded pre my bad lol .
    Posted by liamboi11

Post it on the clinic show thread, then you'll be able to see what he had when it gets looked at
  • edited April 2012
    fold pre

loving the flop raise, let oppo know what the time is on flop or just c/r turn

never folding
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: what your thoughts in this hand guys? : Post it on the clinic show thread, then you'll be able to see what he had when it gets looked at
    Posted by salazar
    good shout posted the hand id on theother thread  I will prob look silly when he shows the the busted flush lol .
  • edited April 2012
    its not the worst fold in the world but its a call if villain has 53, 45, 65, 75 in his range, this makes it close 50/50 call on the river (i have ruled out bluffs on poker stove because of what's been said of villain, just seems ambitious tbf), .....

Board: 2h 5h 5d 8d Ts

equity win tie      pots won pots tied
    HERO  : 45.455%   45.45% 00.00%            15        0.00   { Js5s }
    VILLAIN: 54.545%   54.55% 00.00%            18        0.00   { 22, A5o, K5o, Q5o, T5o, 95o, 85o, 75o, 65o, 52o+ }

But take away the low 5x combos and its clear that its a  fold....

Board: 2h 5h 5d 8d Ts

equity win tie      pots won pots tied
    HERO  : 14.286%   14.29% 00.00%             3        0.00   { Js5s }
    VILLAIN: 85.714%   85.71% 00.00%            18         0.00   { 22, A5o, K5o, Q5o, T5o, 95o, 85o, 52o }

• edited April 2012
    Deffo a call at least. I think you played the hand too passively which started from limping in.

Also your entire reasoning behind the hand makes absolutely no sense - why limp in hoping to catch a flop and then do nothing once you hit trips? What's the point of that? Throw it away pre flop IMO.
  • edited April 2012
    Deffo a call at least. I think you played the hand too passively which started from limping in. Also your entire reasoning behind the hand makes absolutely no sense - why limp in hoping to catch a flop and then do nothing once you hit trips? What's the point of that? Throw it away pre flop IMO.
    Posted by Pipunch
    yeah I understand I should never be in the 1st place and if going to play and hit my miracle hand why fold.

But went with my gut feeling and reads on the specific opponent I really do think I was behind here in this spot

Also think you are just thinking I have trips I aint foldin instead of thinking what the opponent is doing this with and how strong his betting has been through the hand also his image etc dont think you understand I`ve took this all into account .

but cheers for the feedback guys just hope this gets shown on the poker clinic on tv.
  • edited April 2012
    You've massively under-repped your hand here. I'd have thought you checked the river to keep in all his bluffs and so if you check to induce a bet, you have to call it, or not check to induce in the first place.

Obv he's got in free from the BB so could have ATC which is never good. But I think you have to call with the way it's played, unless obviously you have good reads. Have you ever seen him overbet the river before and seen his cards?
  • edited April 2012
    You've massively under-repped your hand here. I'd have thought you checked the river to keep in all his bluffs and so if you check to induce a bet, you have to call it, or not check to induce in the first place. Obv he's got in free from the BB so could have ATC which is never good. But I think you have to call with the way it's played, unless obviously you have good reads. Have you ever seen him overbet the river before and seen his cards?
    Posted by Lambert180
    everytime seen villian bet river its always been the goods m8 never seen him out of line.

think he knew i had a hand an wanted max value beacause i know it sounds silly but i was trying to keep pot small because i did genuinely think i was behind and most times when ppl overbet the river its usually a really strong hand and with this guys image dont think he is ever bluffing imo.
  • edited April 2012
    Sorry liam dont think im ever folding this, no matter how strong hes played his hand im calling.
  • edited April 2012
    wow dont think river is a snapcall here at all.

Fold pre

He either has you beat or has  air on river here. He needs air a lot to make it a call
  • edited April 2012
    im calling, but im a station
  • edited April 2012
    looks like he bluffing or has u crushed but i would sigh call there