You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I have Called?

Ok forget my preflop play, its 30 minutes into tonights forum deepstack and so far i havent Seen a single flop, been completely card dead, so with this hand I just wnated to see some cards.

Once ive seen the flop should i be calling the all in? do I have the right odds? trying to get ym head around pot odds at the moment but not getting that far.
pod1 Small blind  20.00 20.00 7400.00
drumbeat99 Big blind  40.00 60.00 3677.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

DAIBOOT Fold     
IDJIUT Fold     
mabsue Fold     
BIGSHANN Fold     
PILLOWMAN Fold     
aloette52 Fold     
35suited Call  40.00 100.00 4945.00
DrDolittle Raise  160.00 260.00 1927.50
pod1 Fold     
drumbeat99 Fold     
35suited Call  120.00 380.00 4825.00
Flop

• Q

35suited Bet  380.00 760.00 4445.00
DrDolittle All-in  1927.50 2687.50 0.00
35suited Fold     
DrDolittle Muck     
DrDolittle Win  2687.50  2687.50

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Insta fold.

Half your stack on a 30% draw?

Fold and wait till you have hit the flop harder next time.

I know an awful lot of people happy to call here, but trust me, you are just donking chips long term.

No flush draw and only one over as well. You would be losing to ace high.

Nothing wrong with your bet, but you got an irrefutable answer. I suspect the opponent has hit 2 pair and wants to put it to bed quickly.

Although, he has already lost half his stack, so as such, he has been chasing a lot or been real unlucky.

Either way, still a fold.
  • edited November 2009
    Cheers for the advice Hale, I was really wanting to call but am glad that I never, not that ive had muhc of a hand since then
  • edited November 2009
      Interesting one if you up against 2 pair or a set then it is a fold because you are not getting the 2 to 1 odds you need to hit your up and down. If you are up against 1 pair and your king is live the you are getting the right odds to call.
      That is just mathematics though personally i would not be able to hit the fold button quickly enough, there is no reason to risk that much of your stack on that board when you can find a much better spot to put them over the line
  • edited November 2009
    I think it was a good fold, you tested the water after the flop with a nice raise, and found out that he more than likely had you beat, i think you made the right decision, good poker =)
  • edited November 2009
    Well i wish id called now, same player all but took me out 90 mins later when i played some real badddddd poker
  • edited November 2009
    26:16 = 1.68:1

So we need roughly 41.8% to call I think

idk I dont have stove on this PC, but if someone runs an OESD + 1 over against a reasonable range I doubt he'd have that.

• edited November 2009
    OESD+1 against just one pair with no blockers is 42%. Factoring in a decent range will take the odds out of it, I think because a lot of the hands will have blockers (such as AQ or Q9 - although I doubt they are reraising you preflop with Q9), or be stronger than one pair/have your overcard dead too (KQ). For the few times when they're showing you a draw of their own, it's unlikely that you're getting the right odds.

Conclusion: easy fold!
  • edited November 2009
    I think i prefer to checkraise here, but otherwise id be folding
  • edited November 2009
    why did we limp call pf in the co?
  • edited November 2009
    I would fold every time. You had put the feeler bet out and had got a resounding answer.
    No need to lose any more chips with that hand. Wait until a better spot.
  • edited November 2009
    i agree with all of the above to be honest its an easy fold because in reality you have only king high and are only beating a really bad /good bluff so good fold wait for better positions even if on reflection he got your chips later he may well have got them earlier if you had called so think you did the right thing
  • edited November 2009
    Auto fold defo, not worth risking that much.
  • edited November 2009
    definete fold for me
  • edited November 2009
    thats    a  hard  one   35  suited   that  draw  its  lot  off times  on here