You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fold???

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Player is quite tight not 3 betting at all just didnt seem right
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
THECOW79 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £7.01
garazmafia Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £5.73
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

Michael_83 Fold     
SMOKEABIGY Raise  £0.40 £0.55 £17.72
Batkin88 Raise  £1.20 £1.75 £33.05
rancid Fold     
THECOW79 Fold     
garazmafia Fold     
SMOKEABIGY Raise  £3.20 £4.95 £14.52
Batkin88 Call  £2.40 £7.35 £30.65
Flop

SMOKEABIGY Bet  £5.51 £12.86 £9.01
Batkin88 Fold     
SMOKEABIGY Muck     
SMOKEABIGY Win  £6.79  £15.80
SMOKEABIGY Return  £5.51

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I think a fold here is fine with little invested and if his range is AA, KK, AK, there is a case for calling but its optimistic to think he will c-bet-check-turn with AK so by calling flop i dont think you can fold at any later street, if JJ is in his value range here then you should just get it in pre.
  • edited April 2012
    why call a 4 bet if u prepaired to fold on a low flop imo its either fold preflop or all in u cant call £1.80 extra basically your set mining with queens an qq is a very good hand like i say either all in pre or fold dnt like the call 
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Fold???:
    why call a 4 bet if u prepaired to fold on a low flop imo its either fold preflop or all in u cant call £1.80 extra basically your set mining with queens an qq is a very good hand like i say either all in pre or fold dnt like the call 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Preflop i wasnt sure the size of the bet on the flop i what made my mind up. I kinda called pre hoping for an ace high flop
  • edited April 2012
    I think the hand is played well if your reads are accurate and seeing how deep you both are
    If villain isn't tight tho you have to either get it in pre or fold imo, flatting and then folding on this flop would be bad, but I think this is ok
    If both stacks were 100BB play would obv be much diff
    also, how does villain see you? how have you been playing? aggro passive..?
  • edited April 2012
    I am probably the most aggro at the table but the hands getting to showdown im turning over the goods 77% of the time. He would 3 bet me with AK but he wouldnt c-bet that flop that strong if he hadnt connected or already had a strong hand.
  • edited April 2012
    I think it's either a fold or 5-bet jam pre. Call is not an option.
  • edited April 2012
    If you call pre defo can't fold on that board, has to be fold pre or raise again, here it almost looks as if you're set-mining with QQ pre !
  • edited April 2012
    Looks reasonable to me, if u had Qd its a call
  • edited April 2012
    Snap fold pre to the 4bet then if you're notes are right. He's not 3 betting at all and then he's 4 betting all of a sudden?

Go with your read and save tht extra money pre.

As played, you have to get it in on tht flop and pray he has AK soooted.
  • edited April 2012
    If you call pre defo can't fold on that board, has to be fold pre or raise again, here it almost looks as if you're set-mining with QQ pre !
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    It prob looks bad but its prob the best out of the worst options to chose from, i mean we cant fold pre surely? if we jam, and his 4-bets usually mean AA, KK, AK, then we face being coolerd often, so jamming is not great, calling is definitely the best option if he is likely to check flop with AKs, it is a expensive set-mine probably but with villain range being so narrow, we are definitely being paid.

• edited April 2012
    Looks reasonable to me, if u had Qd its a call
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Not sure a back door flush draw would influence our decision that much here! 

:D
  • edited April 2012
    We call £2.40 to possibly win £19.47 (think that's correct adding his remaining stack to pot) which is just 8-1 pot odds, barely the direct odds for hitting set. If his range is super narrow maybe you can set-mine but still doesn't feel right to me.
  • edited April 2012
    I think having a strong read is fine.  But if it was strong enough to pass this flop we def need to pass pre, especially as not closing acton.

Is tight obv, but with the read you have & willingness to fold this flop to 1bet........
  • edited April 2012
    Fold pre. Players never 4bet at NL10 without AA or KK. if he had AK he jams pre.
  • edited April 2012
    Fold or get it in pre

as for the flop, now your folding ?

What flop was you looking for

but yeah probs AA/KK

think oppo can turn up with JJ or equally 10's here sometimes, especially if you been bashing oppo ip

mmm set 10's