You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how many good MTTs player on sky 5% 15% 25% 40% or over 50%

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO ASK HOW MANY GOOD PLAYERS DO YOU THINK ON SKY POKER WHO PLAY MTTs i think its between 15% n 25% dont think its over 25%.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Since we don't have an answer is there really any point in asking? haha. I would say the standard is definitely improving and the better players generally have higher bankrolls so play in the higher stakes MTT's.
  • edited November 2009
    hate to say it, but probs 5% ... I generally play the bigger games now i have grown a decentish bankroll and I always think Sky's standard is improving, but then i go back to play the regular tourneys once in a while and see all the mind-numbingly, gob smacking plays of some players, 5 betting all in with Ace rag etc...
    Hey Ho, the more bad players the easier the profit :-)
  • edited November 2009
    I would say that the standard on Sky is probably around there are around 20% of players on here who probably have a +ve win rate.

However if they were to go out in the real world their winnings would drop so much, I think that only around 5% of players on here have a decent grasp of the game and the ability to analyse situations and come up with counter-plays that are read dependent.

• edited November 2009
    agree  with u  there scotty    some  of   the  allins  u   see   are  u  real
  • edited November 2009
    there is at least one ;)

i'm talking about me
  • edited November 2009
    average + good 20 o/o

very good 10 o/o

excellent 5 o/o
  • edited November 2009
    No % key irish? :P

Would have to agree with you though.
  • edited November 2009
    You have got to remember some bad play on here is due to the speed of these premium tournaments on sky and the timer, I think that there are more good players on here than you think.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: how many good MTTs player on sky 5% 15% 25% 40% or over 50%:
    average + good 20 o/o very good 10 o/o excellent 5 o/o
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    totally agree with you.  would also like to add that i most certainly don't see myself as an excellent or even very good player but want to learn properly.  i play the deepies, as most of you know, in an effort to try to improve my game but i have found that, lately, that game is being played by people who will raise with very little and so u risk going out (or getting short stacked) as u try to play properly.  what is a premium hand to me, is just a challenge to some.  i raise, so they feel they have to re-raise just to prove they are bossing the table.  They hit and so feel it vindicates their decision and the circle gets ever more vicious.  i know that over time, this type of play will eventually lose out but it is frustrating.  and no, this isn't a whinge, cos i am also learning from this type of play too.
  • edited November 2009
    yep, fair few players on here that do well, however transfer them over to stars or ft and a fair % of them would go from being one of the best, to just another name in the field
  • edited November 2009
    You have got to remember some bad play on here is due to the speed of these premium tournaments on sky and the timer, I think that there are more good players on here than you think.
    Posted by Torryladd
    yep, the deepies have much more quality players,even after 1hour in the 8pm tourny it starts to be a shove fest because of the blind structure
  • edited November 2009
    Those of u who play FT. STARS, IPOKER,MICROGAMING ETC want your heads feeling...the pots increase but so do the odds. There are less fish on here which is more to the point, and without less fish you stand a far better chance to improve your game.

I know 1 professional player personally in the UK,,and you know how he makes his money on a day to day basis.....

DOUBLEUPS..they pay for the entries into MTT,,,,

I am always on double ups,,,in the day ,thats were you get the expereince.
  • edited November 2009
    Those of u who play FT. STARS, IPOKER,MICROGAMING ETC want your heads feeling...the pots increase but so do the odds. There are less fish on here which is more to the point, and without less fish you stand a far better chance to improve your game. I know 1 professional player personally in the UK,,and you know how he makes his money on a day to day basis..... DOUBLEUPS..they pay for the entries into MTT,,,, I am always on double ups,,,in the day ,thats were you get the expereince.
    Posted by brookbrid

Good point. The big sites are little more than bingo at the lower stakes levels.
  • edited November 2009
    I guess there's only one way to find out.

Poll: Are you a good player?

A: Yes

B: YES!

C: Yes I am, to be a profitable player you have to have good command of both the mathematical and
    tactical sides of the game and it's in these areas that I really know my stuff, of course these mean nothing when compaed to s gd undestandi banrkdoll mandagem nd ptience whc re als rel srign to m bw, incidnea hfy jajgj jfirk sukkfk fhrhsiskdm fheuhf h hfh  gjkk ehejg jfhg djhgj dhd gd............................bad beats
  • edited November 2009
    i think the standard here has to be pretty good.
  • edited November 2009
    Those of u who play FT. STARS, IPOKER,MICROGAMING ETC want your heads feeling...the pots increase but so do the odds. There are less fish on here which is more to the point, and without less fish you stand a far better chance to improve your game. I know 1 professional player personally in the UK,,and you know how he makes his money on a day to day basis..... DOUBLEUPS..they pay for the entries into MTT,,,, I am always on double ups,,,in the day ,thats were you get the expereince.
    Posted by brookbrid
    LOL LOL LOL
  • edited November 2009
    i think the standard on sky is quite good
  • edited November 2009
    wots a good player???? imo its a winning player at his or her style, so im a good player lol.
  • edited November 2009
    There are less fish on here which is more to the point
    Posted by brookbrid
    no.

wrong.
  • edited November 2009
    i think sky poker unique in the type of players on the site compared to others

You've got 1 section of people who are very good, have picked up plenty of stuff watching sky poker

and you've got the newbies that just come across sky poker on the TV and register up, lose £20 and lose interest