You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I have a great fold to show you (ahem)

edited November 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
Earlyish stages of a standard NL 27 player MTT on another site - Blinds at 15/30. I've been busy early on and doubled my stack to 3000.

We're 8 handed and I look down to find AKo in middle position:

UTG folds

Next player shoves AI 1,500
Next player calls AI 900
Next player call AI 600

Action is on me - I think OK all I can lose is 1500 and I can basically triple up - However - With 3 guys all in there are bound to be pairs and I'll be racing - There's obviously a good chance of KK or AA which are dominating me AND even if I assume my outs are good there are bound to be other people with Aces or Kings to be all in like this which mean I have less chance of hitting which I will need to do to win. I can find a better spot - Fold.

Player behind me calls all in for 500, no more action (shock horror...)

Players flip (in order) JTo(?), 88, 33(????) and A7s(????)

If I'd have known those cards do I make the call? Is the pope catholic?

And the punchline ladies and gents:

Flop: 5 K K
Turn: A
River: K

Oddest hand I've seen in a while, main pot goes to Kings full of Aces and a chunky sidepot to Kings full of Eights (And every dealer in the land breathes a sigh of relief this was played online)

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I call getting like 3:1 on the main pot knowing I'm rarely crushed (who would open shove AA&KK) and probably dominating some or racing against them all at worst.
  • edited November 2009
    I agree UTG isn't shoving AA or KK here (although with some of the play I wouldn't put it past anyone) but I can't afford that to the 2 callers. And as you say I'm probably dominating some but that reduces both of our outs against the inevitable pocket pair, in the time I had to act I reckoned myself at probably 3:1 odds and at about the same pot odds it isn't a call I need to gamble on. Of course if I'd have known I'd counterfeit my own Kings full of Aces with quad Kings...
  • edited November 2009
    me thinks action you have 1500 left and still in if it goes wrong,

and it sounds like you are a good player ,

so 1500 easy for you to rebuild lol .
  • edited November 2009
    i  would  have  called  m8   loose   sill  plenty  chips  to   come  back
  • edited November 2009
    i would've called, very odd hand though as it turns out!