You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Micro HU SNG - 4 betting vs maniacs

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
10/20 Blinds, 50+ BB Stack
Villian 3 bet's my D raise of 60 to 320 for the 3rd time out my last 5 raises. I shoved A9o ("for value").

What's the opinion on my shove?

For the record Villain turns up with Q6s and wins the 6:4 (I'm guessing he probably right calling the 4 bet ATC at this point?).

I'm just wondering should I be yielding in "marginal" spots like this and looking to get it in stronger or play my post flop edge, which I would guess is better than 6:4 against a villain like this

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Ur shove is fine mate, if u have someone 3 betting u everry time A9 is good enough as is K9+ Q10. Part of the reason your shoving is to get them to fold and to fight back so anything above average or even 109suited are good hands that have reasonable equity

UL 
  • edited April 2012
    this is more standard than marginal imo
  • edited April 2012
    I'm guessing I had very little FE as his hand looked pretty to him (any picture, suited conns etc,)
    So you reccomend just taking the 6:4s and moving on to the next one?

Thinking back it was more like 40BB not that much difference and ths was turbo format (not standrard/hyper). I'm going to give min raising a go 40bb and down - any opinions?
  • edited April 2012
    hes not folding once he puts in 16BB, your shove is fine for value

If he 3bets a lot open less and 4bet more. minraise is fine shallow ip imo, dont even mind openlimping the btn sometimes if you want to keep pot small although I rarely do it
  • edited April 2012
    I min raise <30bb unlees they are really tight because people too call too often

In these vs button smashers u have plenty of FE and take the 6/4 everytime longterm is good :)