You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50NL, bizarre hand - What to do?

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
The only information that I had on the villain was that he checked all 3 streets and shown down bottom set on a monochrome flop, so from that information, I assumed that he would only ever be making this kind of bet if he wasn't scared of anything, i.e. had the nuts or the near nuts - definitely a hand that had my Aces beat. Thoughts on this please?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Rosie_47Small blind £0.25£0.25£96.98
VillainBig blind £0.50£0.75£68.74
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

EvilPinguRaise £1.50£2.25£74.44
SHANKS474Fold    
nustrdinFold    
Rosie_47Fold    
VillainCall £1.00£3.25£67.74
Flop

VillainBet £2.00£5.25£65.74
EvilPinguCall £2.00£7.25£72.44
Turn

VillainBet £5.44£12.69£60.30
EvilPinguCall £5.44£18.13£67.00
River

VillainAll-in £60.30£78.43£0.00
EvilPinguFold    
VillainMuck    
VillainWin £17.22 £17.22
VillainReturn £60.30£0.91£77.52

Comments

• edited April 2012

with the way you played the hand and with the diamond missing i think i call here.  you're hand is under repped a lot and there are a lot of fish at nl50 who will go crazy with over pairs and flush draws on that flop.

think you need to get more info on earlier streets in position here so i would probably raise the flop

• edited April 2012
    I like the way you played it up until the river, I'd call
  • edited April 2012
    Not sure what's the worst he can shove river for value,.. over pair is a possibility, but i think that board is set heavy imo seeing that villain called from blinds makes it plausible that he could have a small pocket, makes sense for him to play it fast be it a v wet board with any Ax drawing live, no idea what he is expecting you to call with on the river though seeing that it is unlikely that you have a good piece of it, good discipline fold imo, but its close..
  • edited April 2012
    cant see how your ahead here with that shove imo u are only beating a bluff i like the overbet from villain made to look weak when i think its a strong hand good fold pingu i think 
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: 50NL, bizarre hand - What to do?:
    Not sure what's the worst he can shove river for value,.. over pair is a possibility, but i think that board is set heavy imo seeing that villain called from blinds makes it plausible that he could have a small pocket, makes sense for him to play it fast be it a v wet board with any Ax drawing live, no idea what he is expecting you to call with on the river though seeing that it is unlikely that you have a good piece of it, good discipline fold imo, but its close..
    Posted by WHOAMI196

this

So it's probably a call as it's screaming please fold, it's either bluff or your beat - but wouldn't you like to find out what he does this with before it happens again ) In some strange dimensions you could be ahead, depends how capable oppo is

Saying all that if oppo is passive with set on mono board then it's gotta be nuts or bluff

CALL I dying to know ) 55 NH WHAT!   83dd WHAT! WHAT!