You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*** POKER CLINIC 19TH APRIL ***

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi All,

Please post your hands to be analysed on this thread if you would like us to view them on Thursday nights Poker Clinic at 8pm. All comments/feedback are welcome on all the hands that are posted.

VERY IMPORTANT!
We can only show hands from tables or tournaments with a TV icon next to them.
We also need you to tell us straight off which tournament or table the hand is from, as the hand i.d. on its own takes too long for our team to find.

All the best

TV Team

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Hi.

A couple of hands for you to show from the mastercash tables.

Hand 1 =  mastercash 4 18/4/12  id: 507733294

Should i be folding this river v a unknown player ?  this was one of my first hands at the table and after playing v him for a while after i would now definatly fold this river v him but was wondering if i should be folding v him before i knew how tight he played ?  once he called my turn bet i was already thinking i was facing at least a overpair but still made the crying call on the river because of the price i was getting.

Hand 2 = mastercash 3 19/4/12 id: 507840527

Should i be checking on the river here once i have missed and giving up on the cash i have already put in the middle. i was putting my oppo on a ace at the time and thought i could force the fold but didnt think he was as strong as 2 pair. but looking back at the hand maybe he wouldnt even have folded a bare ace on a dry board like that.

thanks

Daz
  • edited April 2012
    From Mastercash 8 50p-£1
    Hand History #507341398 I smooth called the raise in the bb with jj from an utg open i check to the raiser and he checks.  I can see there is an argument for leading here. The 9 comes off on the turn i bet he raises with any 10 giving him a straight i call hoping to pair the board or evaluate the hand on the river.  The river comes a jack giving me quads i can put him on a 10 with his bet on the turn so i figure its a good opportunity to check raise.  I check and he checks it back.  Value missed or just unlucky he didnt bet as most people would bet in that spot? Would like some thoughts on this hand please.
  • edited April 2012

Hand History #504119528 (15:48 10/04/2012) 50-1£ mastercash table

Just a few comments from me, Flop bet admittedly was too small, went for value on turn. Nasty spot in the end, guys a regular, uses position well so something in the back of my mind said he may just be using position against me thinking i was weak but hes not usually one to get out of line so had to put it down. If its a bluff well played, of course he could of had kq too!