You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Grinding ROI

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi all, what would be a typical ROI for a successful DYM multi table grinder?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Anything over 5% after rake is good.  If you manage over 10% over a large sample size you're a DYM genius.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah TommyD says it all. If you can be winning between 55-60% of the games you play then you're doing good.
  • edited April 2012
    As above - 9% ROI means you're winning 60% of the DYM's you play (assuming 10% rake), which is a realistic target for anybody IMO.
  • edited April 2012
    Just skoped 3 top dym players.

They all had ROI's of less than 4%. 

• edited April 2012
    Just had a look at mine - roi 2%
    Dont play too many at the moment ( been taken offline at work but hoping to get it back by way of a favour from an it pal). Love to play the dym's during my lunch hour (s) lol
    when i was playing i was running at between 54 and 60% win rate (i think this was over about 4-6 months).
    Sharkscope also tells me my form is HOT - lol i dont think so but hey someone likes me hahaha
  • edited April 2012
    10% isn't that hard at the lower stakes.

As you go up in stakes or play more than say 5 tables, <5% suddenly becomes a nice profit
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Grinding ROI:
    Just skoped 3 top dym players. They all had ROI's of less than 4%. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Was one of them WrongJohn  by any chance... who plays abuot a million DYMs per month? He absolutely butchers the C4P and obviously makes a nice profit from his games too, but I can't see that you can keep up an absolute optimal win rate with his volume.
  • edited April 2012
    Been on here since end of Dec 2011 as a mainly recreational/learning player.
    Donked a few quid on cash and MTT's when i first started but settled on DYM's to build my roll.
    My latest stats.
    Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter
    VespaPX         508$0  $2  3%$23  Super Hot58SkyPokerSNG Only
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Grinding ROI : Was one of them WrongJohn  by any chance... who plays abuot a million DYMs per month? He absolutely butchers the C4P and obviously makes a nice profit from his games too, but I can't see that you can keep up an absolute optimal win rate with his volume.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Nooooo £55+ers.

• edited April 2012
    Just skoped 3 top dym players. They all had ROI's of less than 4%. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    A brag post seems appropriate here ;)

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    EvilPingu         1,652$0  $7  5%$620  Hot65SkyPokerSNG Onlyx

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Grinding ROI : A brag post seems appropriate here ;) Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter EvilPingu           1,652 $0   $7   5% $620   Hot 65 SkyPoker SNG Only x
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Raze :P

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    DOHHHHHHH  487$2  $13  11%$799  -N/ASkyPokerDouble or Nothing SNG Onlyx
  • edited April 2012
    How do u get these stats out and how do u look at other players stats.
  • edited April 2012
    How do u get these stats out and how do u look at other players stats.
    Posted by gracie24
    They're on Sharkscope (google it)
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Grinding ROI : They're on Sharkscope (google it)
    Posted by VespaPX
    thanks-wish u hadnt told me-not a pretty sight
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Grinding ROI : thanks-wish u hadnt told me-not a pretty sight
    Posted by gracie24
    lol keep the faith it'll get better :-)
  • edited April 2012

Hi Folks
    I'm fairly new to th site and game(less than 1 year) but i'm enjoying myself with the learning process. I tend to play £3.30 DYM's along with MTT's and after a downswing initially, i'm making a small profit in DYM's with av roi 5%. Was there a stage where maybe you moved to say £5.50 level and did you fid a great difference in the play. I don't multi as i find it less enjoyable as well as creating tilt at times.The DTD Forum although good fun was a stressfull with just three tables. Is this a norm for inexperienced players. Any views on your own experiences would be helpful. Cheers....
  • edited April 2012
    With regards to multi-tabling, it simply is just a case of practice, but I do think there are some games that are easier to multi-table than others. Like I feel perfectly happy to play 6 tables of cash because I know I'm always 100BB deep, and I know what I'm doing in most spots (whether it's the right thing is another matter) quickly.

Whereas multi-tabling DYMs when you gotta constantly concentrate on everyone's stack, the blind levels, who are the people who just hand over their blinds easily etc, I wouldn't fancy doing that 6 tables at a time. Although like I said, practice and I'm sure it's more than do-able.

On the question of £5 DYMs, these are the ones I've played more than any other type and I think the majority of the players at this level are still pretty bad. People I've spoke to said the real difference is £11+ games. But yeah I think you find alot of bad bad players at the £5 games. It could just be variance if you're on a bit of a bad run when stepping up, post some hands, and move back down a level if you're BR has took a hit.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for the replies.

I've had better success playing one table at a time, as Lambert says there are a lot of factors to take into consideration in the later stages.

Anyone have any experience as to when the weaker players are on?  I'm guessing mid to late evening?
  • edited April 2012
    mine is 6% roi
    GREGHOGG 4,644$1 $9 6%$2,554 HotN/ASkyPokerDouble or Nothing SNG Only
  • edited April 2012
    Is there anyway to find out how many dyms you have won in a row?

Think am on 14 on here @ £3 but not sure after being a bit tipsy last night....
  • edited April 2012
    Just ask someone who is a member of sharkscope (like Doh) to check for you, and if they're feeling nice, they will.

14 is a nice streak, think 9 in a row is my best, although that was at £5 games :p
  • edited April 2012
    Did 13 in a row once then hit a big downswing.
    Currently at 7 in a row :-)
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Grinding ROI : Was one of them WrongJohn  by any chance... who plays abuot a million DYMs per month? He absolutely butchers the C4P and obviously makes a nice profit from his games too, but I can't see that you can keep up an absolute optimal win rate with his volume.
    Posted by Lambert180
    just 2 let u no dont think i,ve played million DYMs yet but will let u no when i do lol
     as long as make profit each month i happy :-) but not sure best way 2 play DYMs i think TOMMYD the man 2 talk 2
  • edited April 2012
    Hi Folks I'm fairly new to th site and game(less than 1 year) but i'm enjoying myself with the learning process. I tend to play £3.30 DYM's along with MTT's and after a downswing initially, i'm making a small profit in DYM's with av roi 5%. Was there a stage where maybe you moved to say £5.50 level and did you fid a great difference in the play. I don't multi as i find it less enjoyable as well as creating tilt at times.The DTD Forum although good fun was a stressfull with just three tables. Is this a norm for inexperienced players. Any views on your own experiences would be helpful. Cheers....
    Posted by profman15
    hi profman15
                   i play the odd 1 or2 DYMs when i 1st played i reg4 2 DYMs thinking yes i play 2 and the answer wos no it took me long time 2 get up 2 2tables and no i,am happy 2 play 12tables DYMs but when its cash its only 2 tables
    ref playing £5.5 yes u can make profit
    the £11/£16.5 r good 2
    dont 4get poker is about haveing fun