You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The usual sky joke

edited April 2012 in Area 51

shirley02 Small blind  300.00 300.00 13580.00
mariner091 Big blind  600.00 900.00 490.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

sweepass Raise  1200.00 2100.00 14022.09
Seagull158 Raise  2400.00 4500.00 7390.00
daz1969 Fold     
723684 Fold     
shirley02 Fold     
mariner091 All-in  490.00 4990.00 0.00
sweepass Call  1200.00 6190.00 12822.09
Flop

• Q

sweepass Check     
Seagull158 Bet  4200.00 10390.00 3190.00
sweepass All-in  12822.09 23212.09 0.00
Seagull158 All-in  3190.00 26402.09 0.00
sweepass Unmatched bet  5432.09 20970.00 5432.09
mariner091 Show

sweepass Show
  • Q

Seagull158 Show
  • K
  • K

Turn

River

sweepass Win Two Pairs, Queens and 10s 20970.00  26402.09

Comments

• edited April 2012
    not really this is a standard hand. you may as well of shoved pre there me thinks hes not gonna fold for 1200 after putting in 1200 is he.
  • edited April 2012
    With a min raise I assume you want him to call. With Mariners auto call in the big blind he's getting 4/1 to call, he's never folding. So assuming your raise is designed to get a call, don't complain when he outdraws you. If you reshove pre, with the auto call from Mariner, you'll take down a pot of 2.5k which is a 25% increase in your stack uncontested if sweepass folds.Always good to win chips uncontested. If sweepass makes a bad call on the all-in,then we've played the hand perfectly and would just get unlucky.Every time we get a player to make a massive mistake,most times we end up making a lot chips.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke:
    With a min raise I assume you want him to call. With Mariners auto call in the big blind he's getting 4/1 to call, he's never folding. So assuming your raise is designed to get a call, don't complain when he outdraws you. If you reshove pre, with the auto call from Mariner, you'll take down a pot of 2.5k which is a 25% increase in your stack uncontested if sweepass folds.Always good to win chips uncontested. If sweepass makes a bad call on the all-in,then we've played the hand perfectly and would just get unlucky.Every time we get a player to make a massive mistake,most times we end up making a lot chips.
    Posted by Mohican
    +1
  • edited April 2012
    had it myself last night then got stacked in the next tny with FH vs Quads
    Did put a badbeat on sum1 later but early days for me on this site
     it's sky poker 7 vs me1 lol
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : +1
    Posted by SolarCarro
    The board experts (many) will always provide an explanation why you were unlucky/played the hand badly/etc …. What they fail to explain is the very Un-random cards that are dealt. 
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : The board experts (many) will always provide an explanation why you were unlucky/played the hand badly/etc …. What they fail to explain is the very Un-random cards that are dealt.  
    Posted by somer
    those very unrandom cards are also dealt in big live games too you cant always win with the best hand pre just remember always 5 cards to come you will be alright bad beat ul move on
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : those very unrandom cards are also dealt in big live games too you cant always win with the best hand pre just remember always 5 cards to come you will be alright bad beat ul move on
    Posted by 3barrels
    +1 again, just played 3 days of the UKIPT and saw far worse than this
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : The board experts (many) will always provide an explanation why you were unlucky/played the hand badly/etc …. What they fail to explain is the very Un-random cards that are dealt.  
    Posted by somer
    The only thing as a player we can't control is how the cards come out and the other players.
    I've seen a flopped royal flush,one outers, AA vs AA and the guy with the A of clubs win,four to a flush. Set over set,straight flush vs nut flush and all of these happen live. Not unrandom or rigged for action, just the way cards come out. They are quite rare but still happen,even so more online because more hands are dealt.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : +1 again, just played 3 days of the UKIPT and saw far worse than this
    Posted by SolarCarro
    blatent brag!!! :0
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : +1 again, just played 3 days of the UKIPT and saw far worse than this
    Posted by SolarCarro
    how ?? yorkie ( sian ) was not playing :)))
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : The only thing as a player we can't control is how the cards come out and the other players. I've seen a flopped royal flush,one outers, AA vs AA and the guy with the A of clubs win,four to a flush. Set over set,straight flush vs nut flush and all of these happen live. Not unrandom or rigged for action, just the way cards come out. They are quite rare but still happen,even so more online because more hands are dealt.
    Posted by Mohican
    “I've seen a flopped royal flush,one outers, AA vs AA and the guy with the A of clubs win,four to a flush. Set over set,straight flush vs nut flush” yeah we have all seen that! everyday hands on this site…………..lol “Just the way the hands come out” do me a favour - what planet are you on?
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : “I've seen a flopped royal flush,one outers, AA vs AA and the guy with the A of clubs win,four to a flush. Set over set,straight flush vs nut flush” yeah we have all seen that! everyday hands on this site…………..lol “Just the way the hands come out” do me a favour - what planet are you on?
    Posted by somer
    uranus ???
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : blatent brag!!! :0
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

He may have to moderate himself after that one ;o)
  • edited April 2012
    If the Colour is Blue .... everyone can see it's Blue ... except some come along and say it's Black.!  
  • edited April 2012
    How can it be un-random??? Is that even a word??? Even if the software knows what card is coming the players dont. The hand posted in this thread is played badly and the player who hit 2 pair had the right to call. I do enjoy the way players claim the system is fixed when they run bad but never fixed when your 1 outer falls!
  • edited April 2012
    How can it be un-random??? Is that even a word??? Even if the software knows what card is coming the players dont. The hand posted in this thread is played badly and the player who hit 2 pair had the right to call. I do enjoy the way players claim the system is fixed when they run bad but never fixed when your 1 outer falls!
    Posted by Batkin88
    Hang on a minute - “even if the software knows what card is coming” the cards are random are they not?

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : Hang on a minute - “even if the software knows what card is coming” the cards are random are they not?
    Posted by somer
    I believe* the flop, turn, and river cards are pre-determined before the hole cards are even dealt. Same as in a real live game, where they are shuffled once, at the start of the hand. 

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : Hang on a minute - “even if the software knows what card is coming” the cards are random are they not?
    Posted by somer
  • edited April 2012
                                          you just need a bit of luck,all random.usually any 2 will do on ere.all sites are the same if u ask me....
  • edited April 2012
    Posted by Batkin88
    LOL at "played badly" TW*TKIN.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: The usual sky joke : LOL at "played badly" TW*TKIN.
    Posted by Seagull158
    So you think you've played it well?? Therein lies your problem Seagull. You think you have, everyone else says you haven't.  You're not listening to the advice, you're going to keep losing hands like this if you keep playing them this way.
     Also, please keep the lid on that potty mouth, I really dislike the  insults to players who are trying to help and doing it in a civil manner.
  • edited April 2012
    Min raising is a gamble, if you can not take the results of that gamble then bet more pre to make him fold.
    There is not much wrong with min raising as long as you understand that  sometimes it will be the cause of you losing that hand and is more risky.
  • edited April 2012
    Min raising is a gamble, if you can not take the results of that gamble then bet more pre to make him fold. There is not much wrong with min raising as long as you understand that  sometimes it will be the cause of you losing that hand and is more risky.
    Posted by jonjo75
    We all know that but because he lost, it's Skypokers fault. I suspect if he'd won the hand, he wouldn't have mentioned it.