You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was this a bad fold?

This happened in last nights deep stack and really bugged me all night, should i have made this call ??
I thought i was just milking his chips until the re-raise at the end, greg had been playing tight all night !!! 
miggybest Small blind  50.00 50.00 4930.00
BIGSHANN Big blind  100.00 150.00 11880.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

goodylad21 Raise  300.00 450.00 5230.00
FITF3 Fold     
GREGHOGG Call  300.00 750.00 6090.00
miggybest Fold     
BIGSHANN Fold     
Flop

• Q

goodylad21 Bet  300.00 1050.00 4930.00
GREGHOGG Call  300.00 1350.00 5790.00
Turn

goodylad21 Bet  600.00 1950.00 4330.00
GREGHOGG Call  600.00 2550.00 5190.00
River

• J

goodylad21 Bet  1200.00 3750.00 3130.00
GREGHOGG Raise  3200.00 6950.00 1990.00
goodylad21 Fold     
GREGHOGG Muck     
GREGHOGG Win  6950.00  8940.00

I put him on QQ and the other hand he  might of had KK !!!

se at the end .

Comments

• edited November 2009
    You would expect a reraise from QQ or KK... maybe he had QJ? Or a 3? I think likely hands are 55, 33, any 3, JJ or QJ. I dont think your AA was good. No draws out so he wasnt chasing a draw. I doubt he would call call reraise bluff because if he wanted to bluff at the hand he would have probably done it sooner. My best guess is QJ by the way he played it. But then you was ahead of QJ with your 2 pair AA and 33... hmmm, i think hes either slow playing or has QJ. You only beat QJ and a bluff so good fold.
  • edited November 2009
      Very tough decision. Your raise preflop was just a standard 3bb raise so would open the pot up to speculative calls. As far as his range is concerned Aq, KQ , AJ and QJ are all possible as well as KK and QQ or JJ. The only problem with milking bets on a board that hasnt hit you is you give your opponent a chance to catch up and go ahead.

Hard to get a good read in this situation but i believe it is better to fold these hands and wait for a better situation to get your chips over the line. If you had raised more preflop then his hand would be much easier to define.
      You got yourself in to a difficult position and then felt you had to fold. If you were so certain you were behind then now is not the time to try and second guess yourself. You made the fold and still had enough of a stack to come back so the net downside is not too bad. Imagine the worse case scenario in that you called and lost you would be nearly felted.

Tough decision but you went with your instinct and that is all we have sometimes.
  • edited November 2009

its a toughy but the key is in the board texture, i think it is highly unlikely gregghogg read your 3 barrelling that board to be a bluff, however your line looks like king queen or ace queen so it is well possible he believed he went ahead with queen jack... if he did flop a set with 5 5 it would make sense for him to play it like this, he gets extra value from a 3 barrell bluff, u may hit if he puts you on A K etc it would be interesting to know what his bet sizing would have been had you checked the river. Having said that its still tough to make that fold....

• edited November 2009
    He has 55 here like almost all the time.

Tough but probably correct fold.
  • edited November 2009
    Maybe he had AQ? Sensed weakness in your bets and thought you might of been fobbing him off with any low pair.

Very difficult to read however, would be nice for greg to let you know he had. Im also pretty interested to know :)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Was this a bad fold?:
    Maybe he had AQ? Sensed weakness in your bets and thought you might of been fobbing him off with any low pair. Very difficult to read however, would be nice for greg to let you know he had. Im also pretty interested to know :)
    Posted by HartshorN
    Yeah cmon gregg do tell us :)