You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how long do these deep stacks take

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi, been in the middle of a deepie for one and a half hours with only 13 runners! down to last 6 now but seriously, how long do these things last lol
i know the bigger ons can last for 5 odd hours!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Played in one the other night with 24 runners.

Play finished just after about 2 and half hours. Can get pretty tedious if it's not for a high amount.
  • edited November 2009
    THINK THE LONGEST I PLAYED IN WAS 4/5 HOURS .
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: how long do these deep stacks take:
    Played in one the other night with 24 runners. Play finished just after about 2 and half hours. Can get pretty tedious if it's not for a high amount.
    Posted by HartshorN
    I think if it's tedious, maybe a faster game would be better. Those who prefer a more reasoned, sedate game, never find it tedious, ever, but it's each to their own.

The £22, 7.30pm Deepie usually takes about 4.5 hours.
  • edited November 2009
    Deepstacks last a long time for a reason...

They reward the most patient and skillful players who like to chill out/sleep in some cases during play.

Deepstacks are sort of equivalent to a 5 day cricket test match compared with 20/20 which would be "Velocity".

You need plenty of patience, skill, and hand reading ability to do well long term in deepstacks.. Its a game of timing and tactics.. .

The 7pm 10 handed one usually lasts at least 4 hours and has been known to last up to 5 hours!

It is so much more rewarding to win a deepstack than to win a fast structured tournament imo...

• edited November 2009
    BEFORE I ENTER I WORK TO A ROUGH GUESS OF ABOUT 1.5 HOURS PER 6 PLAYERS WHICH IS PROBABLY ABOUT THE RATE YOUR GOING AT.
    THE DAY TIME ONS ALWAYS LAST LONGER AS PEOPLE TEND TO ENTER THEM MORE AS A FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT THAN A MONEY MAKING EXERCISE 
  • edited November 2009
    You should be happy that you get 1.5 hrs of play for your money. Thats why i like em, i was playing yesterday and came 4th of 60 in the forum deepie after 3hrs 20 mins, and it was starting to become a shove fest after 3 hrs. Obviously with 13 players there is only 65,000 chips in play, with 6 left the average will be 11,000 each, when it gets to  500/1000 blinds after 2 hours they start dropping like flies, make sure ur not the fly lol. If you do not have at least 4 hours to spare do not play these