You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top full house....Call or Fold??

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #507967283 (16:21 19/04/2012)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceBigHawk89Small blind £0.10£0.10£35.76s2db2dk2dsBig blind £0.20£0.30£17.05 Your hole cardsJA   Barney61Fold    1966char01Fold    ronnieg197Raise £0.60£0.90£22.19GFKIJKLLFold    BigHawk89Call £0.50£1.40£35.26s2db2dk2dsFold    Flop  44J   BigHawk89Check    ronnieg197Bet £1.00£2.40£21.19BigHawk89Call £1.00£3.40£34.26Turn  3   BigHawk89Check    ronnieg197Bet £2.00£5.40£19.19BigHawk89Call £2.00£7.40£32.26River  4   BigHawk89Check    ronnieg197All-in £19.19£26.59£0.00

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I`m calling this but i`m a spew monkey lol;

We are behind to AA, QQ , KK or 4x hands, would 4x raise pre ? ( ok was ip )

Medium PP`s are playable hands when it`s folded round to the C/O.

Call and pray!!!! gl.
  • edited April 2012
    Against this opponent i sigh fold, looks more like an over pair to me, your calling to split minimum though youl find better spots :)
  • edited April 2012
    what reads you have on this opponent would help m8
  • edited April 2012
    He didnt really get out of line much, didnt really show down any raggy hands. Seemed a pretty solid player.
  • edited April 2012
    fold with your reads
  • edited April 2012
    yeah prob fold here with those reads if hes a good player he prob knows by now that you have a jack

and he is still shovin with that that big overbet on the river hoping to get value from aa.kk,qq imo.

or he has a jack himself to spilt but i hate callin hoping for spilt
  • edited April 2012
    I couldnt click fold fast enough v this oppo :)
  • edited April 2012

Tough spot against a tricky opponent. You would think he must give you credit for a jack here and still happy to shove. Best case scenario is you're calling for a chop IMO....that said I probably do my usual and call out of pure curiousity....such a spewtard!!
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Top full house....Call or Fold??:
    Tough spot against a tricky opponent. You would think he must give you credit for a jack here and still happy to shove. Best case scenario is you're calling for a chop IMO....that said I probably do my usual and call out of pure curiousity....such a spewtard!!
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Just me and you chucking our money away again then m8!!!!!!!!!

lol...
  • edited April 2012
    From what you have said about this player then i think it has to be a fold.
  • edited April 2012
    With the reads you have yes it's a fold.

However, what was your thought process on flop and turn?  Are you calling confident you were ahead or just pot controlling as you were unsure?  Are you ever keeping bluffs in, in other words those this player ever barrel?  Judging by your reads I guess no.

The reason why I ask this is it will help you in hands in the future.  Just because you suddenly have a full house doesn't mean you've improved in a hand (I know that sounds odd).  In this spot, if you were behind on the flop or as it's played out preflop, you were always behind.
  • edited April 2012
    With the reads you have yes it's a fold. However, what was your thought process on flop and turn?  Are you calling confident you were ahead or just pot controlling as you were unsure?  Are you ever keeping bluffs in, in other words those this player ever barrel?  Judging by your reads I guess no. The reason why I ask this is it will help you in hands in the future.  Just because you suddenly have a full house doesn't mean you've improved in a hand (I know that sounds odd).  In this spot, if you were behind on the flop or as it's played out preflop, you were always behind.
    Posted by TommyD
    I thought i had the best hand on flop and turn as i am going too most of the time on that board with AJ. Im not sure if the player was capable of 3 barreling but i thought betting the river was pointless because if he is barreling im loosing value from his bluffs and if i get raised it puts me in a tricky spot. In the end i thought that the river helped me get away from the hand, because i thought my hand was pretty face up and he wouldnt try and bluff me off a full house so i thought his shove was QQ+. Thanks for the feedback.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Top full house....Call or Fold?? : I thought i had the best hand on flop and turn as i am going too most of the time on that board with AJ. Im not sure if the player was capable of 3 barreling but i thought betting the river was pointless because if he is barreling im loosing value from his bluffs and if i get raised it puts me in a tricky spot. In the end i thought that the river helped me get away from the hand, because i thought my hand was pretty face up and he wouldnt try and bluff me off a full house so i thought his shove was QQ+. Thanks for the feedback.
    Posted by BigHawk89
    Don't think your hand is that face up.  You could easily have medium pocket pairs as played.  I think AJ is probably the top end of what you turn up with here TBH.

Personally I think you both have a Jack but I don't have too much experience with the player.  Judging by the betting it's rather careful, careful, bang.  However, calling for chops is completely -ev, especially for this amount on the river compared to the pot.  And you won't be chopping everytime, sometimes they have you crushed.  So very good fold.  IMO this is very rarely a bluff.

Speaking in ABC terms if you are fairly sure you are good on the turn, you should be calling when the river changes nothing.  However as you move up through the levels and your game develops you'll realise players have independent tendencies of when they barrel, what they barrel and on what street they normally give up if they are light/have some showdown.
  • edited April 2012
    It's never a bluff, looks like a chop but it's better folding

going on the basis that no one folds a house then it's a value shove

good fold
  • edited April 2012
    He's a nit,   chopping at best !   probs holds QQ though.
  • edited April 2012
    not easy fold but over shove is made to look weak when its strong u only lost £3 fold next hand