You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question....

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
At the risk of sounding silly.....

How/What do you use the poker play money for under the free stuff section when you click on my account???

Comments

• edited November 2009
    HI NESS , THOSE ARE FOR THE FREE PLAY TABLES .
  • edited November 2009
    Some people like to play with free pretend money, its undrer free play games in poker lobby
  • edited November 2009
    AND ITS A GOOD WAY TO LEARN HOW TO USE EVERYTHING.
  • edited November 2009
    Ohhh I see now, thanks very muchly... Already got into the real money things now so don't want to revert to pretend money. Not brave enough for MTT right now  though unless it's freerolls, sticking to DYM...
  • edited November 2009
    I have tried the free play tables and it seemed to consist of players just trying to get rid of there free points as quickly as possible.
    I know that the beginners should go there to learn how to play online, but you have to selective with your tables due to the sharks awaiting there.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Question....:
    AND ITS A GOOD WAY TO LEARN HOW TO USE EVERYTHING.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN

Correct your post please.....you spelt lose wrong
  • edited November 2009
    Ohhh I see now, thanks very muchly... Already got into the real money things now so don't want to revert to pretend money. Not brave enough for MTT right now  though unless it's freerolls, sticking to DYM...
    Posted by ness4
    WHEN YOU FEEL READY FOR MTT , I WOULD RECOMMEND PLAYING THE DEEP STACKS . THE £2 POUND ONES ARE GREAT VALUE AND ARE A NICE RELAXING WAY TO DIP YOUR TOE IN.  
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Question.... : Correct your post please.....you spelt lose wrong
    Posted by elsadog
    LOL .
  • edited November 2009
    I have tried the free play tables and it seemed to consist of players just trying to get rid of there free points as quickly as possible. I know that the beginners should go there to learn how to play online, but you have to selective with your tables due to the sharks awaiting there.
    Posted by apollo_11
    What do the more experienced players gain from winning the free poker money off of beginners? does it transfer into poker points???
  • edited November 2009
    HI NESS ,when i first started on sky poker,i used the free play tables a lot ,...........they were an allin fest back then and u learned naff all , i still go back and fo there ,usually if im waiting for a tourny 2 start or 5mins to spare ,.......i can tell u the standard now i s better and they r now starting 2 play the game without shoving every hand or calling raises with junk ,its a good place 2 learn  ,u will find the free money tables under mtts then click free play ......ten
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Question.... : WHEN YOU FEEL READY FOR MTT , I WOULD RECOMMEND PLAYING THE DEEP STACKS . THE £2 POUND ONES ARE GREAT VALUE AND ARE A NICE RELAXING WAY TO DIP YOUR TOE IN.  
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Thanks for the recommendation =] It does get a bit daunting when clicking on the MTT section and all these things come up which i'm like errr which one?!?! what's the difference!?!? lol
  • edited November 2009
    THE MAIN DIFFERENCE  IS ,HOW MANY STARTING CHIPS YOU GET AND WHAT IS THE BLIND STRUCTURE . WITH THE DEEP STACKS , YOU COULD SIT THERE FOR 1 HOUR , NOT PLAY A SINGLE HAND AND STILL BE IN GOOD SHAPE CHIP WISE. 
  • edited November 2009
    HI NESS ,when i first started on sky poker,i used the free play tables a lot ,...........they were an allin fest back then and u learned naff all , i still go back and fo there ,usually if im waiting for a tourny 2 start or 5mins to spare ,.......i can tell u the standard now i s better and they r now starting 2 play the game without shoving every hand or calling raises with junk ,its a good place 2 learn  ,u will find the free money tables under mtts then click free play ......ten
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    I've played free tables for 4 years, that was on pacific poker though, so I feel confident enough about the game, it's just that when real money is involved, your play changes somewhat... I personally don't take as many risks with certain hands that I would of when playing free play.... I just want to get used to playing with real money in little tournaments first hence the DYM but I just don't feel confident enough to play in massive MTT yet, unless it's a freeroll.
  • edited November 2009
      free  play     u  play  with play  money
  • edited November 2009
    very  differnet  ball  game  nees4  u  dont  play  like  u do  on  play  money   well  they   do  here
  • edited November 2009
    they run satalitess for the open daily at 1215 400 515 530 600 for as little as £2.40 ,give these a try ,see if u can qualify for the big mtts on the cheap,,,,,once ur in ,no worries its only 240 not 11 pounds gl
  • edited November 2009
    they run satalitess for the open daily at 1215 400 515 530 600 for as little as £2.40 ,give these a try ,see if u can qualify for the big mtts on the cheap,,,,,once ur in ,no worries its only 240 not 11 pounds gl
    Posted by TENOFSPADE

Ooh thats a very good idea! tyvm
  • edited November 2009
    Free play will not teach you anything about the tactics of the game, you cannot bluff as people call with anything because its not real, however you can learn the basics like how to say WP,GG,UL etc in the chat box.
  • edited November 2009
    IT TOOK ME 9 MONTHS , JUST TO LEARN .. HOW .. TO CHAT , STILL DONT UNDERSTAND MOST WHATS SAID
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by ness4
    I'm one of those strange contrary people who prefers MTT to STT. Anyone else suffer from this affliction?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Question.... : WHEN YOU FEEL READY FOR MTT , I WOULD RECOMMEND PLAYING THE DEEP STACKS . THE £2 POUND ONES ARE GREAT VALUE AND ARE A NICE RELAXING WAY TO DIP YOUR TOE IN.  
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    I agree with PILLOWMAN, playing the low buy in deep stack are probably best for improving your game, people who play these are generally there to play "proper poker".  Any SPEED, ROULETTE, SCARY or BOUNTY HUNTER MTT tournament all have their oddities that make people play overly agressive poker which you can't learn much from.

Then there are the SNG or DYM tables which again are more about survival than poker, I just wish I could survive or play poker in them!