You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£3.30 DYM bubble, is this a call?

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMYTSmall blind 100.00100.005217.50hjghjhgjBig blind 200.00300.002105.00 Your hole cardsAK   IanOzAll-in 1232.501532.500.00honeyxxxCall 1232.502765.001912.50MYTFold    hjghjhgjFold    IanOzShowKQ   honeyxxxShowAK  

Comments

• edited April 2012
    You're 2nd in chips and imo are able to make this call as you'll still have 10bbs even if you lose. 

Plus there is a decent chance big stack will call as well (if he knows what he's doing) with any two cards to get a 2 on 1 for even bigger chance of KO. 

On the other hand you could argue stay out the way and let the two shorties clash but or at least main shorty be called by someone else but overall with AK you crush his range and will most times be a 73% face like here or at worst 45% vs a pair but they never have a pair lol. 
  • edited April 2012
    press the "all in" button
  • edited April 2012
    Nah flat call is fine as you want big stack to call as well, shoving might scare him off.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 DYM bubble, is this a call?:
    Nah flat call is fine as you want big stack to call as well, shoving might scare him off.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I still ship it, to prevent the bigstack from shippin back at me... and me having to fold! its amazing how many idiot bigstacks do this!

Im allergic to flat calling in this spot, just seems like a simple isolation Jam. I know its a dym but im happy to take on the shorty myself thanks

if i lose against the small stack, im confident ill chip up fairly quickly again due to my agressive (some might say kamikaze bubble play) i dont mind if the bigstack folds here
  • edited April 2012
    Easy call, defo not an all in IMO.  Bit disappointed the big stack hasn't called with any two.
  • edited April 2012

A flat call is the best option IMO, you really want the big stack involved as well in this 3 way.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: £3.30 DYM bubble, is this a call?:
    Easy call, defo not an all in IMO.  Bit disappointed the big stack hasn't called with any two.
    Posted by TommyD
    I'm guessing he's "safe" and pretty much assured of cashing? Is calling here a big-stack option?