You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash, A,J off utg 5 handed. Turn decision.

Raise UTG 5 handed ok?

Flop betsizing on relatively dry flop is just over half pot to balance my c-bet betsizing on these boards.

Turn, is check/call better or do i lead again and is it too small? When the min raise comes am i beat?

Reads? Villain seems new to site or at this level anyway and only played him a couple of times, seemed a bit fishy at first but played tighter this time around. Doesnt normally limp, usually comes in with a raise if opening so have him down as a player who is ok for this level. Didnt buy in for full amount though.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
oprey11 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £4.89
villainBig blind  £0.08 £0.12 £4.29
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

DrSharp Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £7.50
pavs Fold     
CLARKEY747 Fold     
oprey11 Call  £0.20 £0.56 £4.69
villainCall  £0.16 £0.72 £4.13
Flop

• A

oprey11 Check     
villainCheck     
DrSharp Bet  £0.40 £1.12 £7.10
oprey11 Fold     
villainCall  £0.40 £1.52 £3.73
Turn

villainCheck     
DrSharp Bet  £0.76 £2.28 £6.34
villainRaise  £1.52 £3.80 £2.21
DrSharp ???

Comments

• edited April 2012
    raise in EP is fine imo

flop bet is fine maybe make it a touch more though

I dont understand your turn sizing it is weak and looks weak. No idea if the villain has picked up on this or if he just has a set... (they usually have a set!:)

As played... ugh.... I hate folding so i prob just get it in... but this is probably wrong and the cash purists will say it's a fold
  • edited April 2012
    I think turn sizing is fine against his stack. 

fold now. 

Leeds 4/1 today btw??? U got no players again?? Silly price!
  • edited April 2012

I didnt realise that the turn bet was half pot, thought it was less than this.. so its not too bad, but if i am betting i bet slightly more.

I dont mind checking the turn either. get value on the end if we are still good.

• edited April 2012
    Played it fine. You have a pretty weak hand for UTG but there's no fold AJo so raise pre is fine, what else you going to do limp!? Flop is very dry indeed so a half pot bet is a good bet. You are looking to get action from a weak ace.

Turn is unlikely to have helped the villian. Again I don't min a half pot bet on the turn since you want to keep the pot small with top pair and a ok kicker. Sometimes I like to check in these spots depending on the villian if I think they will semi-bluff the river with a hand like 99 or KQ. You will get more value since the only hand that will probably call 3 streets on such a dry board is another ace.

Once you get check-raise then I'm afraid it's a fold. If he's bluffing you then so be it, let him have it. This is more than likely a set and if you fold now you've lost the minimum.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash, A,J off utg 5 handed. Turn decision.:
    I think turn sizing is fine against his stack.  fold now.  Leeds 4/1 today btw??? U got no players again?? Silly price!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    DOHHHHHHH, i told you not to back us to go up this year. I'm telling you now, NEVER EVER back Leeds to beat Cardiff. Odds dont matter, its just a big fat NO!

Back us to go up next year mate. Its on and you might get a good price if you do it early before the new squad takes shape. Its not often i back Leeds to do anything but i am telling you its on next year.
  • edited April 2012
    I'd def bet bigger on turn - could be viewed as weak bet
    is a fold but I wouldn't be surprised if you were ahead here

• edited April 2012
    min raise mmmm and its a blank turn cant be 3 5 looks like 2 pair or a set imo its a fold 
  • edited April 2012
    I wouldn't mind betting at these stakes that he's got A2.
  • edited April 2012
    Yep got to fold unless you know he can bluff here. 
  • edited April 2012
    bet flop and turn bigger. I'd call now